moshing

ccrdrums

dougthedrummer":tyv2acaz said:
Rockula!":tyv2acaz said:
It used to be fun
Then Nirvana came along
Then the jocks started getting into it
Next thing you know, people act like it's a sport "Who can fuck up the most people in the pit" mentality
Now it's shirtless sweaty fuckasses with goatees, eyebrow piercings and backwards baseball caps who can't get laid taking out their frustrations on the pit
Nothing will match the pit from the Ramones 1984 tour
And, yes, we "handled" the nazi skins
I see agree with this.Back in the day when I was in the pit,it was about running around having a blast,noy hiiting anyone,and if somebody fell YOU HELPED THEM UP!!!Now you got roid heads who just got cut from the football team,cant get it up because of the roids they are shooting up,and they want to hurt as many people as they can.They try calling it moshing nowadays,but its just a glorified mugging.Bring back the days of true moshing.

your kidding me right?just because i play sports and is stronger than u fuckin emos im a jock im 14 and me and my friend were playing football 3 18year old emo punks came up calling us jocks and trying to start stuff well long story short we beat theyre asses so bad i got probation now u emo punks need to stop thinking your invincable and that the world owes you stuff

GET OVER YOURSELF

ccrdrums

plus i guess im a jock but i always help people in mosh pits and they do the same for me

and little vancouver canada boy dont be talkin bout the great state of texas btw canada isnt even really a country we could take it if we wanted yall are wimps

Alcyon

Somebody want to ban this guy?

Canadians aren't pussies just because we don't destroy third-world countries and drive up a multi-trillion dollar national debt buying equipment for the military. And speaking of Texas, you should really be proud of having the fattest city in America three years running, and therefore costing your state's health care system $4,000,000 a year purely to treat obesity.

I'm only two years older than you, but idiotic responses like this are the kind of thing that make teenagers look really immature and stupid to the rest of the people on this forum and to the world. You and your infantile, offensive, and insensitive comments are a detriment to you and everyone our age.

drummert2k

this thread has turned into a hate fest. moderator, time to close this one down? it has gone beyond educational and is now just offensive.

Mikkey

You see back in the old days it was just skanking and circle pits (circa punk rock and the post years). Slam dancing came in with the West Coast crossover Thrash bands. People did some cool stuff, even skateboarding in the pit. Then came the early 90s hardcore days with the macho-man-stand-in-the-pit-with-fists-flying-trying-to-hurt-people which spilled over into Death Metal shows, Alternative, and other genres. It was supposed to be about fun but as always some asshole(s) got to screw it up. I'm more privy to the old school pits but maybe that's just 'cause I remember/miss them.

Mikkey

If you can't stand the heat...get out of the fire. I think it hilarious that people now want to close this topic now that they feel they've been challenged all the time they happened to be challenging everyone else. There's a pretty simple rule you can follow at shows: If you want in the pit go for it but if you don't then stay back by the bar or on the side and at most venues these days you probably won't even get bumped if you're out of the front center stage area.

Eiren

I think it's entirely dependent on the gig/show you go to.

If you go to a hardcore punk show, you're going to get people slamming and stage diving. If you go see a band like Down, Hatebreed, or Slipknot then you're going to get those big sweaty guys with the facial hair and their tops off running into each other. If you go to a thrash gig, you're going to get lots of people all grouped up at the front headbanging together and stage diving.

I like seeing people going nuts to the music. It certainly adds to the atmosphere and the most memorable gigs are those where everything just goes off.

RILY!

When i go to shows anymore i never see moshing mostly just straight edge kids having a fun time dancing and doing crazy shit. i have to disagree with drummert2k its hardly a way for people to get homosexual feelings out, at shows they usually have a designated spot for the "pit" and if you dont want to mosh then you dont have to. I think that moshing is a good way for kids to get there aggression out. but thats what i think.

Dillface

Brazilian Drummer":1bjycdgi said:
moshing is for people who cant dance!!!!!!!

lol

I just dont see teh point. if got to a show I go to listem to the music, to whatch the band, dance, have fun. not to get hit... lol

I had some girls come up to me one time and say that they have nevver seen anyone be so serious at a show... it was because the band was good but the drummer sucked.. so I was disapointed and just set at teh bar watchign the band... lol

now whem I paly and everyoen starts jumping up and down THATS AWSOME shows that everyoen is having fun, WAY better them having 20 peopel mosh and have everyone around them thinking.." what a bunch of idiots"

=]
LMAO!!! Ok, I HAVE to agree with the first part of this statement.

Alcyon

Hey crr, do you have a life, or do you just like to be arrogant and rude to people you don't know on the internet?

Led_Tyler

I don't like the pussy push pit kind of moshing, I like the clean Hardcore dancing. There is no better feeling than looking out and seeing the crowd dancing in perfect rhytm with your music, it's amazing!

ccrdrums

me? have a life your the one thats getting his feelings hurt and spreading your emotions plus your the one that sits at his computer all day on this site ha loser

mudoyal

i don't mosh at my own shows due to being injured before i have to go on. but if i'm at a concert that i'm not playing at, dude, i'm all over the place. well, on second thought, the band has to be kick ass to get me in the mood. but ya, i like to mosh.

mudoyal

p.s. there is no such thing as a pussy pit. unless you are letting something like that happen. and by all means if you see something like that happening. then by god it is your obligation to get in there and tear it up.......when i go to a show, there is no such thing as a pussy pit. if you mosh them they will follow.