moshing

drummert2k

wak":1pafk50l said:
right
and a big note to drummert2k, im doin my best now to not flame you, as you have flamed everything i stand for
go for it. let me have it. no matter what you say im still going to think moshing is pointless. and as for whoever said if you dont wanna mosh dont be in the front. if you like a band and wanna see them, you shouldnt have to worry about people that wanna just beat each other with no respect for the people who dont wanna be hit or pushed.but go ahead, flame me for everything you stand for.

jbreshears

drummert2k":l836456v said:
wak":l836456v said:
right
and a big note to drummert2k, im doin my best now to not flame you, as you have flamed everything i stand for
go for it. let me have it. no matter what you say im still going to think moshing is pointless. and as for whoever said if you dont wanna mosh dont be in the front. if you like a band and wanna see them, you shouldnt have to worry about people that wanna just beat each other with no respect for the people who dont wanna be hit or pushed.but go ahead, flame me for everything you stand for.
OK some people got offended, this is a fourm where people talk and discuss, not rag on people for what they love to do. I just got back from a concert where about 20000 people would disagree with you. Lamb of god, machine, trivium, gojira. i have to say, I got my ass whipped in the pit,fell on the ground and 5 diffrent people made sure i was ok, helped me up and then started to unleash the fury. I just think it is kind of mean and childish for you to just start telling people to flame on you (which i think you deserve it for alot of the statements you made) but Damn come on man.

meta L ucas

hey, dillface, have you ever heard of As i lay dying, zao, or norma jean? those are some christian bands that are pretty heavy. i've seen as i lay dying live before and it was very intense.

Piddywiffle

freddy5g said:
If you have ever been knocked down in a pit and seen several arms there to pick you up you, know its about much more than anger.

Hear hear! I love pits. It's more about expression and brother hood. Every show ive been to has someone dancing, or singing, or air drumming(best thread EVER btw). Well at a metal show you'll find moshing. And I find it hard NOT to jump up and down and get crazy and run around and crowd surf and mosh and yell.... *SIGH* i wanna see Superjoint again =( COME BACK TO CHAIMPAIGN =(

But then again there are ppl who don't like moshing and think it's stupid. thats cool too.

Dont forget that there are 2 sides to a coin. But that doesn't take away from the fact that its still the same coin.

We're all in this together so........... um... N/M. I lost it =D

Piddywiffle

zen_drummer":2ebyszky said:
meta L ucas":2ebyszky said:
I GOTTA SAY THAT ITS A GOOD FEELING WHEN NO ONE CAN BE STILL WHEN I'M PLAYING. ITS A RUSH. I'LL HIT A PAUSE AND THEN BLOW UP A HEAVY GROOVE AND EVERYONE GOES APESHIT. PRETTY COOL. I GET OFF STAGE HIGHER THAN A KITE EVERY TIME.
On your keyboard there's a button right above the left "shift" key...

Pretend there's a bug on it.... Now squish it...

Thank you...
HAHAHAHA! thanks for that Zen =D Freakin awsome *jumps around*

mortem

drummert2k":zgl54t3m said:
mosh pits are a way for people with homosexual tendencies to touch each other in public and get away with it. music to me should make someone feel good inside and positive and take away any problems or hardships they have. not make people want to hit and kick each other. im not a fan of angry music. i guess i've just never seen the rough times like these people sing, i mean yell, about in thier songs to make everyone start circling and swinging. if you want to mosh, do it outside the venue. there might be people inside that actually wanna watch the band
HAHAH WHHHHHHHHAT?! ..... you don't *touch* each other in moshpits, you kick each others ass in there.

Best moshpit I've been in, either Dimmu or Lamb of God.. dayummm!

So.. a story. My first moshpit. I was in this Dimmu Borgir concert waiting for the show to start when suddenly this gggigantic, hhhhairy, ffffat bastard stands right next to me. I thought "Damn, I hope this guy doesn't go too crazy once the show starts". When the show started he was just headbanging.. *phew* but while the show continued the headbanging began to get harder and harder... and harder until he went effin' nnnnnnnnuts. The dude ripped off his shirt and I'm like :shock: "OOOH SHI-" and got thrown like 3 meters from where I was, along with other people who were around them. This was war, man! I stood up and plunged to kick the bastards ass.......... that's when the mayhem began hahahahah awesome moshpit!

Oh, and people don't mosh to a song for its lyrics.

XIxPxGX

drummert2k":3l5opuyn said:
mosh pits are a way for people with homosexual tendencies to touch each other in public and get away with it. music to me should make someone feel good inside and positive and take away any problems or hardships they have. not make people want to hit and kick each other. im not a fan of angry music. i guess i've just never seen the rough times like these people sing, i mean yell, about in thier songs to make everyone start circling and swinging. if you want to mosh, do it outside the venue. there might be people inside that actually wanna watch the band
totally wrong i like circle pits and slam pits where you hardcore dance but you dont hit people on purpose. concerts like slayer or something like that is when you hit each other. hardcore/punk/thrash shows you dont hit each other you just either hardcore dance, circle pit, crowd surf, etc its fun it gets you pumped up and it doesnt really take away from the music i think you enjoy it more nothing bugs me more then a dead crowd doesnt mean you have to dance or mosh but like i like seeing people moving around or like even dancing is cool. hardcore/punk is a way for angry kids to go somewhere and release their built up frustrations and anger.

80'smetaljoe

i like mosh pits but it depends the band ...like i go to see c.o.b and i get so psyched i freak out n go in and i dont do that gay 2 step crab claw shit....if neone here ever sees someone do that shit just throw pennys on the ground thats so disrespectful for them...i do it...:)

downshifter99

You know....in the early 80's we "slammed"/"skanked"/"po-goed".

It was fun for Black Flag,Circle Jerks,DK,RKL,Murphy's Law,Drunk Injuns and a million more I remember but,it was around the early-mid 90's when all the wanna-be's, jocks & red necks(that used to call me faggot and beat up kids like me in the 80's)that started getting into that music(my music),going to the shows & jumping in the pit beating on people.Those are also the same type(but,not all)of people that groped & raped a bunch of girls at a certain set of festivals.
Meat head douche' bags.

And it has just gotten worse through the years.

Now at every damn show there is a pit....what the hell!!!!????!!!!
I can't even go to a show to just "JAM" anymore....I mean...for christ sakes....kids are "moshing" to AFI and crap like that(and it IS crap).
Doesn't matter what show.....next thing you'll see is a pit at Massive Attack!

In closing,I don't dig the little circle of angst...I agree with Ian McKay 100%.
In a Fugazi show,if the slamming affects other people trying to enjoy the show or people are falling or getting hurt he'll stop the song and tell them to cut the shit and not ruin the show for others....that is respect(something lost in this new "mixed-up" generation).

grind ninja

mosh pits are a way for people with homosexual tendencies to touch each other in public and get away with it.

dude are you kidding me? ive only posted here a few times and usually dont get all hyped on stupid shit that is said. but that statement was retarded. ive been going to and playing shows since i was 15 yrs old. i have never heard of such a statement and am greatly offended. because i mosh,skank,wall of death whatever ima homo? look who has the bandanna on his head. looks like someone is trying to fit in w/ the jones's. im not hear to start shit. just wanted to voice an opinion. as for the topic, upstate NY...... best mosh ever. when you get knocked down they pick you up( then of course knock you down again). ive been moshing(dancing) for close to17 yrs and have had some of the best times ever in a pit. im a spin kick artist. and if you connect, they all fall down. as for playing, it is the raddest shit ever to see 200 kids screaming the vox back in your face and killing each other. by the end of the night all are shaking hands and bullshitting about what they all saw. good shit

Sometimes i like to mosh. But there's nothing more annoying than someone forcing you in when all you really wanna do is hang out with your girlfriend and let the music move you.

Moshing now is more about people thinkin its cool than doing it for the music. hell, i've even seen people mosh between suppoirt act and the main act.

RvA

no, i just play way to many shows with my one band where the pits start and people who actually wanna watch and enjoy the music get knocked down and end up going back in the back so they dont get hit again. mosh pits are dumb![/quote] hey buddy the reason people at your shows are just standing around is because they are so bord they are about to fall asleep. people have this pre concived notion about hardcore music. we had a show last night with about 400 kids and one of the biggest pits ive seen in a while and no one got hurt. thats how people enjoy music not everyone wants to just stand around, nod there head and wait for there legs to fall asleep.
http://www.myspace.com/rileyvsaubrey

grind ninja

no, i just play way to many shows with my one band where the pits start and people who actually wanna watch and enjoy the music get knocked down and end up going back in the back so they dont get hit again. mosh pits are dumb![/quote] hey buddy the reason people at your shows are just standing around is because they are so bord they are about to fall asleep. people have this pre concived notion about hardcore music. we had a show last night with about 400 kids and one of the biggest pits ive seen in a while and no one got hurt. thats how people enjoy music not everyone wants to just stand around, nod there head and wait for there legs to fall asleep.

ouch! :shock:

dougthedrummer

Rockula!":2kq6h3dw said:
It used to be fun
Then Nirvana came along
Then the jocks started getting into it
Next thing you know, people act like it's a sport "Who can fuck up the most people in the pit" mentality
Now it's shirtless sweaty fuckasses with goatees, eyebrow piercings and backwards baseball caps who can't get laid taking out their frustrations on the pit
Nothing will match the pit from the Ramones 1984 tour
And, yes, we "handled" the nazi skins
I see agree with this.Back in the day when I was in the pit,it was about running around having a blast,noy hiiting anyone,and if somebody fell YOU HELPED THEM UP!!!Now you got roid heads who just got cut from the football team,cant get it up because of the roids they are shooting up,and they want to hurt as many people as they can.They try calling it moshing nowadays,but its just a glorified mugging.Bring back the days of true moshing.

dougthedrummer

Rockula!":368xvzd9 said:
ccrdrums":368xvzd9 said:
ithink if youre so worried bout gettin hit then id advise u NOT TO GET AGAINST THE RAILS or anywhere around the front thats where i go cuz i like to mosh theres a thing here every year called rock the desert and its 3 days of BIG cristian bands that come out and rock theres mosh pits there and they never get out of control all the young guys that want to mosh get to go up front and only christans go so if you get hurt or knocked down its not like they trample you but then again i like other concerts too where moshimngs a little different but the whole deal is there dont get into a mosh pit they are easy to avoid unless you want to mosh
OK
That was one long ass stream of consciousness sentence
Take a breather for a second

It does make sense that you wouldn't be trampled to death at a cristian rock festival seeing as 99 percent of that stuff is completely devoid of the one thing that makes heavy rock heavy in the first place
Plus, you're automatically assuming that people will treat you better just because they are cristians

As for the rest of your statement
I am a bit confused as to what you are talking about
Things kinda ran together and I got lost
Obviousley..you are not a christian.I know,and have worked with some HEAVY HEAVY christian groups.You made the statement that its "Devoid" (the word you are looking for is VOID by the way) of what makes it heavy to begin with.I dont think a song has to be about being pissed off at the world to be heavy.heavy can come with a positive message behind it.You dont have to be angry to be heavy.check out Demon Hunter,AS I LAY DYING,Devil Wears Prada,At the Throne of Judgement...Those are just a few of the top of my head.

Wintersongs

Flatliner":1dnx1dcw said:
not really a fan of the pit...takes away from the music to me.
Mosh pits, don't mind. Frat-boy inconsiderate halfwits who get drunk, slam into girls and laugh about it, not to mention the ticking timebomb who has to throw a punch, now that's a problem. It can ruin it for people who want to see a band and not get mixed up in that. Not to metion a risk to your gear if you are on the side gettng ready to go on next.

drummert2k

grind ninja":1l4345sy said:
hey buddy the reason people at your shows are just standing around is because they are so bord they are about to fall asleep.
no, thats not the case. not at all actually. we dont play all metal, its a little bit of everything (you're basic bar cover set list) but not to metion 30 year old people moshing just looks dumb. but every show tons and tons of people come up and try to talk to us while we're loadingout and no one has said they were bored. sorry to dissapoint you. maybe next time you catch one of our shows it'll be differant for you. wait a tick, you've never been to our shows. so basically you're post was just you talking straight out your butt.

Brazilian Drummer

moshing is for people who cant dance!!!!!!!

lol

I just dont see teh point. if got to a show I go to listem to the music, to whatch the band, dance, have fun. not to get hit... lol

I had some girls come up to me one time and say that they have nevver seen anyone be so serious at a show... it was because the band was good but the drummer sucked.. so I was disapointed and just set at teh bar watchign the band... lol

now whem I paly and everyoen starts jumping up and down THATS AWSOME shows that everyoen is having fun, WAY better them having 20 peopel mosh and have everyone around them thinking.." what a bunch of idiots"

=]

drummer619

i love pits! i got in this Poison the Well pit about four yrs ago i was doing my thing and then this chick rails me in the stomach twice, that shit hurt! so i moved back, and was like "what the hell? alright if this chick thinks she's hardcore enough to be in the pit then it's on!" i made my way through the pit, and set my sights on her, got next to her grabbed her by the arms and threw that bitch across an open area in the floor she ate shit against the side on the non pit crowd, and i just kept going i ran into her boyfriend or something about a minute later he told me "hey man that was a female" i just laughed and replied " hey she shouldn't be in here if she can't hang" hahah he answered "yea, that makes sense"