Moonjell workout Pad

druming=life

i heard from a friend of mine, that it was like playing on a large breast i don't know how true that is, but i thought it was pretty funny when he told me, sorry i'm not helping, you just reminded me of that

Solix

I once read that it was similar to hitting a pillow....

I sense a cheaper solution if this is true.

xdoseonex

its meant to absort the rebound of your stick, so it doesnt bounce back. its made to develope the muscles in your hands and arms that you use for drumming. practicing on a pillow is similar. but tat thing really sucks up the reboud, its like hitting a puddle of mollasses

druming=life

too me it seems like playing on a pillow or moongell would develope the wrong muscel memory, because when you play you are suppose to use the rebound of your stick too your advantage........ i can't really explain what i mean

druming=life":1megwl7r said:
too me it seems like playing on a pillow or moongell would develope the wrong muscel memory, because when you play you are suppose to use the rebound of your stick too your advantage........ i can't really explain what i mean
i get what u mean

druming=life

^ yea i can see how it would build your chops, i just think it would weaken your technique, you can't practice different strokes on a pillow

xdoseonex

sure you can, i do doubles and triple strokes on a pillow al the time, you have to do it yourself instead of having the stick work for you, thats what builds your chops so well.
this is the result of practicing regularly on a pillow

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egID8WnPvaI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egID8WnPvaI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Haha im not saying ypu guys are gonna turn into tom grosset after playing ona pillow for a week, but he practices on a pillow alot which helps him a great deal

druming=life

i ment stroke types such as legato and stacato but i suppose those strokes are only for your dynamic level....... and most people don't care about dynamics lol, but yea playing on a pillow or moonjell does give you bigger chops, but i wouldn't suggest that be the only thing any one practices on

xdoseonex

yeah definatley. its gotta be a part of your routine, not the routine itself. your gonna forget how to play drums if you only practice on a pillow