Moongels

Blond_Duke

Has anyone used RTOMs MoonGel damper pads. I just got some in toady because i got sick of trying to use stupid ways to dampen my toms. They seem good and so far sound great but i just wanted some other drummers input on them for the long run of them. One question i have is do they loose their stickiness or damping power? Says they are washable and reusable.

Thanks,
Blond

drummert2k

when you have a sound guy that cant get a good sound or if you're playing through a rig with no gates and you're drums sound too open to you they are amazing. or if you just like that big thwump sound. stick them on your head and you're good to go.

and if they get dirty or not so sticky, a little soap and water and as soon as they dry they'll be good as new.

Blond_Duke

Thanks, i use them because i tune low and that also gives me a lot of unwanted overtones so i need them no matter what.

stump

I use moongels for unwanted overtones. They work great and last forvever if you take care of them. Actually I used them last week during a recording session. Check them out. Later!

anavrinIV

threres no need to use moongels on toms, it just kills the sound. i use one on my snare but thats it. i cant stand toms that have no resonance.

drumshark

I wouldnt buy moonjells, go to a round table and get some sticky hands out of a vending maching, you can get one for 50 cents.

kzad

I played a gig last night and shared sets with the house band drummer. He had a decent kit but he had those stupid moongel things on the toms. Sounded HORRIBLE. But that's most likely due to the fact that he can't tune. =]. If you have the right heads and you tune properly I don't see the need for these things.

devilspain

kzad":2zu1lgm7 said:
I played a gig last night and shared sets with the house band drummer. He had a decent kit but he had those stupid moongel things on the toms. Sounded HORRIBLE. But that's most likely due to the fact that he can't tune. =]. If you have the right heads and you tune properly I don't see the need for these things.
great for studio i would only use it live on the snare.

Scogar

I personally love them.

my toms were too huge sounding in comparison...and I love them in recording and live applications.