Moongel

m

I've used them, they work pretty well. Subtle; they reduce the overtones a bit. The more you use, the more they dampen.

I didn't realize they had different models though.
have you got a link?

Shalaq

I know only of one moongel called moongel ;) but I saw one video in tuning and the guy said that there are many comanies making moongels, so that's why I'm asking.

Shalaq

I'll get one in the end of August, so I'll test it. I wonder if it's gonna dampen my new 18x16 floor tom which I'm gonna use at that time :)

Aeternal

m":1yrmbge7 said:
I've used them, they work pretty well. Subtle; they reduce the overtones a bit. The more you use, the more they dampen.

I didn't realize they had different models though.
have you got a link?

+1 :wink:

Scott_Hurford

i use 'RTOM' Moongels atm and they do reduce overtones quite well, my snare had nothing but overtones and unwanted vibration, i stuck 2 moongels on there, and now its alot better sounding :) same goes for the toms, they work nicely :p

dutch

the guy that did [our] cd put them on my kit, i love them now, used to live on remo zero rings for my snare, but it often blew off (when i rembered my fan), or i'd catch it with my stick!
so yeah
+1

anavrinIV

i have only 1 moongel on my snare and it works wonders...dont like them on the toms because they either do nothing or kill the sound so i just stay away from them.

for a cheaper alternative to real moongels you can use the sticky hands from quarter prize machines and they do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. for a full review of this go to drums.com/drumtalk and check out the sticky thread under general drums discussion.

joe_cader

I use weatherstripping for doors. It works just as good and it cost me about a dollar twenty-five cents. there's about 6 feet ( what is metric = 2 meters?) of it. You can use it for other projects.
I just use it on my snare, too. 8)