mmmmm

sefalik

got these a few days back. :shock: 13" HHX stage hats
poopty pics tho.

(don't have the china/tambourine set up in this pic)

sefalik

They're great cymbals. :) They actually blend in fairly well with my other cymbals. I really wasn't planning for them to, since I'm eventually replacing all my cymbals (starting with these hi-hats). But it was a nice surprise.

Since this is the Sabian section, I might as well list off the other cymbals.

20" AA medium ride
18" B8 crash (actually sounds pretty nice, it's about 4-5 years old and has aged pretty nicely)
18" AA china (not set up in that pic)
16" B8 crash (hand hammered by myself, it's kind of got a ozone sound to it now, which is what it'll eventually be replaced with)
13" B8 hats
13" HHX stage hats
10" AA splash

And yea, that's a Tama Artwood snare. 12x5.5. I have a 14x4 Artwood too, in the "caramel sunburst" finish (I think that's what it's called). Great snares, especially for their price.

DrumsPlus

sefalik":37qcx08e said:
They're great cymbals. :) They actually blend in fairly well with my other cymbals. I really wasn't planning for them to, since I'm eventually replacing all my cymbals (starting with these hi-hats). But it was a nice surprise.

Since this is the Sabian section, I might as well list off the other cymbals.

20" AA medium ride
18" B8 crash (actually sounds pretty nice, it's about 4-5 years old and has aged pretty nicely)
18" AA china (not set up in that pic)
16" B8 crash (hand hammered by myself, it's kind of got a ozone sound to it now, which is what it'll eventually be replaced with)
13" B8 hats
13" HHX stage hats
10" AA splash

And yea, that's a Tama Artwood snare. 12x5.5. I have a 14x4 Artwood too, in the "caramel sunburst" finish (I think that's what it's called). Great snares, especially for their price.
May I ask what you are replacing these cymbals with?

sefalik

Not 100% sure with everything yet, but here's an idea. I'm not even sure yet what I want as the cymbal set up. I've finally figured out drum-wise my ideal set up, but I'm still working out the cymbal set up.

20" HHX Legacy ride
20" china (not sure yet)
18" HHX studio crash
18" china (might keep the AA, might not, not sure yet)
18" Ozone crash
13" HHX stage hats (already have)
10" splash (might keep the AA, might not, not sure yet)
8" splash/china kang (not sure yet)
and then the aux hats, I'm really not sure. I've thought about maybe getting two bells, or maybe just using a nice "normal" pair of hats. But that's probably one of the last things I'll upgrade, so I have plenty of time to decide.

That's kinda it I guess. I'd like to really have a bunch of cymbals, so I can swap out sounds when I want, so I'll probably end up with more than those but just won't set them all up. All the cymbals I currently have, I will keep though. The AA/B8s will work good for loud live shows. But for at home/my own enjoyment I prefer darker sounding cymbals that blend in more.

Jimbob2020

shanemunzert":3ru85io9 said:
ooh the hhx legacys sound amazing!
Lol a guy listed a 20" Legacy Ozone ride on ebay and had labeled it as a "Ziljan" so naturally there weren't going to be many bids since people don't type int "Ziljan".. Perfect condition not a scratch on it.. I ended up going to the city that day and when i got back it had gone for $150..... I was soooooo mad that I hadn't bid on it