Mike choice

CASCINAIDRUMS

What are good mikes to chose for a drumset
I have D112's for the KICKS
SM 57's for the TOMS and Snare
Nothing for the CYMBALS
The CYMBALS pick up pretty good with all the TOM mikes I have on the set, six of them.
I was thinking of two over heads and a high-hat mike but I record in a small Drum room.
www.myspace.com/bonefacemusic
Thanks,
Cascinaidrums

m

studio or live PA?

there are several threads on this subject already, the search function will give you quite a few posts to peruse

scrubs

what kind of budget do you have for overheads? On the cheap end, the MXL 604s are good, or even cheaper are the Behringer ECM8000 omnis (which woud not work well live, but are decent for recording). I have some small omnis made by Naiant Studio that are actually quite good for overheads. On the more expensive end, anything from Shure SM81s, AKG C414s, to Neumann U87s will work.

As for hi-hat, the afforementioned SM81 will work, or even one of your SM57s in a pinch. I don't usually mic hi-hat, though.

CASCINAIDRUMS

scrubs":2wxxfqoj said:
what kind of budget do you have for overheads? On the cheap end, the MXL 604s are good, or even cheaper are the Behringer ECM8000 omnis (which woud not work well live, but are decent for recording). I have some small omnis made by Naiant Studio that are actually quite good for overheads. On the more expensive end, anything from Shure SM81s, AKG C414s, to Neumann U87s will work.

As for hi-hat, the afforementioned SM81 will work, or even one of your SM57s in a pinch. I don't usually mic hi-hat, though.
:p Thanks for your input I will keep this in mind