Metldrummer2112's new Tama Superstars

metldrummer2112

Finally uploading pictures. I apologize that the quality isn't that good, and everything looks worse down in that basement. These pictures absolutely don't do the finish justice.

Drums: Tama Superstar Unless noted
22"x18" Bass Drum
8"x7" Tom
10"x9" Tom
12"x10" Tom
14"x14" Floor Tom
16"x16" Floor Tom
14"x8" Pearl Vinnie Paul Snare Drums
14"x5.5" Snare (Which is now on the kit)

Cymbals:
13" Sabian AAX Fast Hats
10" Sabian HH China Kang
17" Sabian AAXplosion Crash
8" Zildjian K Splash
19" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
20" Sabian HH China
20" Sabian AA Metal-X Ride

Axis X Longboards
Hornets 5A's

audiotech

Wouldn't have been easier just to keep the 14 and 16 in line with one another? That way you can adjust your hats anywhere you like. It all depends on how you like to play them, but I have my kits in that order and everything is in comfortable reach.

Dennis

metldrummer2112

The floor tom placement has nothing to do with the hi-hats. If you notice, I keep my hats on the INSIDE of my slave pedal, instead of outside traditionally. So the hats were encroaching on the toms space. I tried moving the hats back outside, but it just felt too weird and wrong, so I just fiddled with tom placement until it worked.

And I keep the 16 on the left side for crossover patterns and such. The space right there felt too empty and asymetrical, and it's a really great place for such a deep drum.

After a ton of fine tuning, everything is well within comfortable reach. The hi-hat placement just threw me off because I'm use to only having 2 rack toms.

phoenix7289

Love the kit man! Gorgeous drums and love how you set it up! Very progressive, Mike Portnoy feel to it! :) Especially with the smaller floor to your right, then the bigger to your left, I'd do that if I had the room! :)

Get some videos man!

metldrummer2112

I do play in a progressive metal band as well my death metal solo project.

But I'll get some vids up, I just don't know what to do. I'm not a giant fan of covering songs, and I'm not very fond of just improv while on tape, but I'll find something. In the mean time, I at least posted audio in the audio section.

Thanks for the compliments however. I LOVE that set.

phoenix7289

audiotech":39jyecqv said:
Wouldn't have been easier just to keep the 14 and 16 in line with one another? That way you can adjust your hats anywhere you like. It all depends on how you like to play them, but I have my kits in that order and everything is in comfortable reach.

Dennis
amg this set needs new heads! >_<

TheYardstick

I personally like throwing my 16 to the left side as well. I can use it for polyrhythms and stuff and I just generally use it more often over there.

metldrummer2112

Same reason mine's there. I could never see myself going down that far back to right just to use a second floor tom for a fill or anything anyway.

phoenix7289

I can understand. Though my 19" china is all the way over by my second floor (wouldn't mind having my second floor to my left but no room). So I just got used to it.

metldrummer2112

I agree with Yardstick. Same reason my hats are inside of my slave pedal, they're WAY easier to hit there, not to mention the ability to keep foot chicks going on the hi-hat during double bass patterns. Sean Reinert FTW.

metldrummer2112

possumofdestruction":39l96m08 said:
Damn dude, I remember your old kit. Very nice kit there. How do you like the Vinnie Paul sig snare?
Ahh the Forums... I was glad to be rid of them, these are soooo much nicer. I plan to get another crash and china, then possibly another ride and splash. And the Vinnie Paul has some SERIOUS meat behind it. I'm going to use it mostly for anything I do that isn't so blasting oriented. The Tama snare I'm using now has a really quick attack, and it's loud, and it's really good for some good ol' fashioned blast beating the way I have it tuned.