Metalcore drummers?

MeekaFlow

Anyone ever play stuff from bands like August burns red,the devil wears prada, underØath? anyone anyone?? well do and i enjoy it its tons of fun.

TheYardstick

Metalcore is such a term so loosely thrown around in metal today that it has encompassed a variety of styles.

I'm more into Metalcore that's on the Hardcore side, like Unearth. But, some drummers have proven themselves very well (like the former drummer for Unearth). Hell, when their drummer left partway into the tour Gene Hoglan himself wanted to play for Unearth for the rest of the tour, if that doesn't say something about Metalcore I don't know what does!

Scogar

that is true...I really don't like using genres to classify bands, but as far as that kind of music, I love to play Underoath and TDWP...August burns red (lol I have heard them described as "Math Core" :lol: ) Is very technical and I'd love to be able to play some of their stuff, but I'm not that good yet.

If you like playing this music, your in luck because this style is starting to get REALLY popular almost to the point of oversaturation.

anyway...I'd have to say that the three bands you put out there are easily favorites of mine for playing or listening.

BleechDrummer

Yea I personally love it but I guess it depends on who you put in metal core but i like august burns red, the devil wears prada, as i lay dying, norma jean etc........and i play to as i lay dying records every day =D

turbonathan

I would have to say Unearth is moreso on the "metal" side of the "Metalcore" spectrum, I think bands such as All Out War, Full Blown Chaos, Remembering Never, Martyr AD, Acacia Strain, etc., fit more comfortably on the Hardcore end. Metalcore has become the reason I quit going to shows, between teenybopper girls talking about homeroom and Danny's new haircut, and Danny with his new fucking haircut giving hugs to people after his band plays eight songs chock-full of gallops, harmonizing, breakdowns with snare hits on the three, wide-leg guitar stances, and awkward "between song" banter about his 14 year old heartbreak at the age of 20. But I still listen to very few metalcore bands, i.e. Wings of Scarlet, Nehemiah, Skycamefalling...maybe more...

Rick_danger

turbonathan":o7711i9y said:
I quit going to shows, between teenybopper girls talking about homeroom and Danny's new haircut, and Danny with his new fucking haircut giving hugs to people after his band plays eight songs chock-full of gallops, harmonizing, breakdowns with snare hits on the three, wide-leg guitar stances, and awkward "between song" banter about his 14 year old heartbreak at the age of 20.
I hate all of that. Plus, all of them sound exactly the same. EXACTLY. THE SAME.

TheYardstick

Metalcore is a heavily saturated genre, it just takes time to find decent bands. I gave up on it a while back, I listen more to Hardcore and Metal.

SINISTER

Metalcore shouldn't even be called metal........it should be called I Cry Myself To Sleep At Night cuz my pants are too tight and I wear a funny hat............it's for scenesters for shure.........not a fan in the least

$0.02

smith

ion dissonance are the only metalcore band worth listening to i find, and even theyve gone average now

GeorgeDemise

Metalcore is becoming a bit of a joke. Poison the well are still one of my favourite bands though. But I'm mainly listening to hardcore (being in a hardcore band) and metal these days, and a lot of pop punk too actually, I'd forgotten how good it is!

iatemygoat

smith":1c96ili0 said:
ion dissonance are the only metalcore band worth listening to i find, and even theyve gone average now
i dont know if i'd call them metalcore. fucking insane maybe? but i do agree. the new vocalist kinda watered em down a bit. the other one was everywhere and you could feel his emotion just through the CD. seeing them live was insane but the new guy just kinda stood there. a little disapointing. Solace will always be my favorite.

xrftsx

abr is way fun to play to if you like playing breakdowns for most of the song.
i really really like The Acacia Strain and See You Next Tuesday.

dahlgrendrummer

xrftsx":hdyuvi69 said:
abr is way fun to play to if you like playing breakdowns for most of the song.
i really really like The Acacia Strain and See You Next Tuesday.
I love The Acacia Strain, so low, so damn...low... Those dudes are tuned in like Z minor flat lowness tunings of DOOM! Who needs a stagnant scene like metalcore when deathcore is just starting to get stagnant!

Cheerful-Bear

As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, Cry of the Afflicted, Becoming the Archetype, Demon Hunter; They're all fun to play!

percussle

cheap wine and a 3 chord riff!

i dont mind it 'sooo' much. but i like all sorts of music.

DEATH MATAAAAAAAAALZ