messed around with switching lugs and such, take a look

rundylanrunn

one of my lugs broke inside of the little thing the lugs screw into tonight when i was taking off a head to replace it. so i was going to just nab the parts to fix it from an older drum, and instead decided to switch every other lug, just for fun.

should i keep it like this, put all the black ones back on, or go all silver?

rundylanrunn

thanks for the input!

i didn't like it at first but it's growing on me.

i was comtemplating switching the black rims for silver, too, but i decided not to.

you should use a silver rim and get it powder coated say half an inch on the spots where you have the black lugs, both sides. i think that would be a sweet finishing touch although probably not the greatest investment.

rundylanrunn

So Is The Drummer":1qneav04 said:
you should use a silver rim and get it powder coated say half an inch on the spots where you have the black lugs, both sides. i think that would be a sweet finishing touch although probably not the greatest investment.
yeah that would be kind of cool but i think it'd be more trouble that it's worth.

timekeep, how much would it be just to order wooden hoops for this drum? i wouldn't know where to get them from or anything, but it seems like it would be a pretty cool way to customize it while keeping the cost down.

Timekeep69

rundylanrunn":3kfw6awy said:
So Is The Drummer":3kfw6awy said:
yeah that would be kind of cool but i think it'd be more trouble that it's worth.

timekeep, how much would it be just to order wooden hoops for this drum? i wouldn't know where to get them from or anything, but it seems like it would be a pretty cool way to customize it while keeping the cost down.
You can order them straight from drummaker.com

rundylanrunn

awesome, it would run me just under $100 to do it, but i might not.

do you know if you always need longer tension rods when you use wooden hoops?

xdoseonex

get some black tension rods for the black lugs. or even cooler, use black tension rods in the chrome lugs, and the chrome tension rods in the black lugs

Potatoe Snack

i just got some black lugs from drumgearonline. i ordered them last wednesday and got them today, saturday and I ordered hoops from drummaker.com in like january and still haven't got them. soooo screw drummaker.

but that drum looks awesome! never thought of that haha