meinl?

Gazdkw82§

im fed up with zildjian and sabian, there must be more than just them 2. im interested in meinl mainly the amun series as i need alot of projection and life.

has anybody used the amun seriees or any kind of meinl?

Gaz

jene_91

i have used the meinl byzance and have been very glad and satisfied with them dont worry about the money they are totaly worth it

zen_drummer

My Primary HiHats are 14" Meinl Rakers and they are really SUPERB! I also have a 10" Meinl Classic splash that is outstanding.

meinlplayer

I play all Meinl Amun 14" dry hats, 18" medium crash and 20" dry ride right now...
I'm very happy with them. The hats have a great washy sound when they're loose, and the ride is sweet, especially the bell (it's not too overpowering and has good sound).
I've played some Meinl Byzance cymbals as well, if you are willing to pay the extra money and like the sound, they might be worth it, but I'm happy with Amun.
I'm planning on getting a 16" crash as well... I haven't decided if that will be Amun of Byzance, and haven't decided on what china to get.
hope this helps.

screamBRYAN

go with meinl, you will be pleased. 16' amun chinas are definitely my favorite chinas, and the byzance line is also amazing. actually meinl in whole is amazing!

writheindecay

i had a meinl byzance medium ride. very musical ride, but didnt work out well for the metal band i was in at the time. it was a little too mild.

screamkevin

That's because the Byzance line is not meant for metal. You should have gone with something like the MB10 Bittner Signature Bell Blast Ride, or the MB20 Heavy Ride.

screamBRYAN

i disagree with you on that one kevin. i use the byzance line and fits in fine with metal. the byzance medium rides arent great when pinged on imo, but when you crash the 21" it is really rad... the byzance line works for just about anything. i love byzance. :)

drummerboy1991

ive played them b4 and i like them..once i get the money im thinking of getting a byzance ride or something...u can hear the stick definition really well

Alcyon

Where the hell do you even get Meinl cymbals? Like, at a store, not electronically. I live in Canada and they don't have them *anywhere*.

Zatan

I play Meinl cymbals, mostly Amun.
I've played Sabian B8 series cymbals which consist of the same B8 bronze alloy (same amount (8%) of tin in the alloy) but you get a complete different dynamic; I'd choose Meinl over Sabian and Zildjian any day. I think Meinl are probably most like Paiste when it comes to the crafting, sound and feel.

I recomend Meinl...

ultrastu

if you are looking for something different than Zildjian and Sabian look a Paiste they have ranges to suit pretty much anybody and they have some of the best sounding cymbals around!

ultrastu":31klg4am said:
if you are looking for something different than Zildjian and Sabian look a Paiste they have ranges to suit pretty much anybody and they have some of the best sounding cymbals around!
I AGREE WITH THAT. PAISTES REALLY DO HAVE SOME OF THE BEST CYMBAL SOUND IMO. THE ONLY THING I HAVE AGAINST PAISTE IS THAT THEY CRACK REALLY TO EASY. ID LIKE TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MEINL'S PRODUCTS

JJdrmr

I don't like Sabian very much, but I love Zildjian As and A Customs. Although... the Sabian Evolutions are ok.

I do have a Mienl Byzance 16" Dark Crash. I must say, it's my favorite cymbal. It's absolutely amazing. I love the dark, smooth tone of it.

My dream cymbal package is prolly Istanbul, check them out.