Meinl or A customs?

mapexdrummer

meinl [all the series] and the a customs from zildjian...wat is good from the meinl series? which do u guys prefer? i look at catalogs and well looks can be deciving but i want a cymbal that has brilliant, crisp sound with lots of project and well yea so which would u guys prefer the most a customs from zildjian or meinl? if meinl which series?

ps...haha or paiste? dark crisp 'chick' hats and cymbals idk wat to choose!!!!!!

Howepirate

if you go on youtube and search meinl you can find a lot of their artists playing many diff types of cymbals and on the meinl cymbal website page you can find artists with their set ups on there

mapexdrummer

thanx!!! i saw it pretty kool but i need ur personal feedbacks u know like a second opinion cuz im having a tough time deciding...its gonna be a life long choice [so to say] hehe have u played them before?

Dale

mapexdrummer":16pz31jp said:
meinl [all the series] and the a customs from zildjian...wat is good from the meinl series? which do u guys prefer? i look at catalogs and well looks can be deciving but i want a cymbal that has brilliant, crisp sound with lots of project and well yea so which would u guys prefer the most a customs from zildjian or meinl? if meinl which series?

ps...haha or paiste? dark crisp 'chick' hats and cymbals idk wat to choose!!!!!!
I'm going to assume you don't live anywhere near a drum shop and must buy online. This being the case, I recomend Paiste 2002 cymbals. My reason is that there is less difference between each individual cymbal. Whereas Zildjians, Meinl, Sabians etc all have individual sound characteristics. No 18 in crash in those brands will sound exactly like another. I've heard many poor sounding cymbals from those lines that I wouldn't touch. One has to personally search for the sound one wants. This is less the case with Paiste.

ShadowDrummer

I would nudge you towards anything by Paiste. Not sure what genre of music you play, but you can research some basics on all their cymbal models and lines at www.Paiste.com which will give you a start.