medicine man

DrumsPlus

Some of the bigger companies have contracts with UPS, Fed-Ex and such. I have worked on contracts that reduce shipping cost up to 65% of what the normal person sees. This has to do with volume. I would assume DW ships a few more things than PJ does.

Timekeep69

That's for shipping overseas. I have no idea why it's that expensive. Even shipping just to Cananda is usually around $200 even though UPS has Canada Direct for like $30 but its like shipping 5th class.

rufus4dagruv

SGarrett":2olxjau6 said:
Hmm. Mine was packed like it came from the factory. Though your shipping method is how DW ships.

But why $200 for one drum?
Int'l shipping charges are just insane. The company I work for during the day ships globally.

For the record, my MM drums are nothing short of stellar. The attention to detail and the level of craftsmanship is something that just cannot be faked. I can't wait to order my next MM drum.

Airborne Ranger

I just shipped a 12x15 Ludwig Stainless Steel marching snare to Spain for $67, including insurance via USPS. $200 does seem like a lot to ship a snare.

Timekeep69

If someone can find cheaper shipping let me know, I would love to stop discouraging people overseas from buying my drums.

botcore69

Timekeep69":38ypyxp3 said:
If someone can find cheaper shipping let me know, I would love to stop discouraging people overseas from buying my drums.
id buy one from you straight away mate!

zen_drummer

Timekeep69":3sgug0cb said:
I just priced a snare drum to the UK, International Priority Mail for $49.88. UPS wanted $207.00

Timekeep69

zen_drummer":1p5rqs37 said:
Timekeep69":1p5rqs37 said:
I just priced a snare drum to the UK, International Priority Mail for $49.88. UPS wanted $207.00
That's cool to know but there's still duty fees. I sent a drrum4 module to Canada and they charged the guy $100.

Timekeep69

ok, if anyone in the UK and/or Europe is interested in a snare drum, message me your address and I'll get a quote for shipping. I can't make any promises on import fees etc.

antiunderscores

like most people on this forum i would love to get a MM snare, at least. but i dont have the money and then i have more urgent things to get for my other instruments. but one day dammit, ONE DAY!

vincemie

i have mm in mind and very much on my radar, although right now i cant justify buying another snare drum or drum set for that matter, if i get the itch i will come calling.

SlackBackLazy

How do drumgearonline.com have cheap shipping (well not cheap, but still not expensive)? If we could ever figure it out I would help you go global :mrgreen:

drummerduba

Timekeep69":1lv6vont said:
SlackBackLazy":1lv6vont said:
yeah, how much does a ticket to america cost? :lol:
Ask Rob Crisp, he flew out to pick up his snare. :lol:
well it cost me $1094 return from london to rochester, ny soooo yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob Crisp

Cost me like £350 return from London to New York, so about $700. Obviously I was there for the DRT and other stuff too, but it made sense to pick up then.

I've had a snare delivered from the States before, a Ludwig Supraphonic. Got held at customs until I paid some lovely value Added Tax and a handling charge of £50.

In the UK a Gretsch New Classic LE 13x7 Maple Snare in Merlot Sparkle is £250 that's roughly $500 give or take with exchange rate.

My MM Snare, finished as I like with black hardware, tube lugs, custom laquer and a sexy Trick Throw was cheaper than that Gretsch in the same dimensions and sounds AMAZING!

So if you have to pay a bit of VAT when it arrives, and PJ can doa good shipping deal, it's totally worth getting an MM as the sound quality and sheer customisation options beat the Gretsch into a cocked hat.

And just for the hell of it...