Me Drums

Which drumheads should i change to next?

• Remo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evans

• Aquarian

• Total voters

drummer4thefreaks

Another update for you all, and some high quality photos if i say so myself... Do ogle away :p

From the Front

Overhead Shot

So much for 'just a punk drummer', right? The specs! :D (Bearing in mind, im not rich ;) lol.)

Yamaha DP Series Drums:
22X18 Bass Drum (Aquarian Super Kick II Batter, Standard Reso)
10X8 Rack (Remo Emperor Batter, Emperor Reso)
12X10 Rack (Remo Clear Emperor Batter, Emperor Reso)
16X16 Floor (Remo Clear Emperor Batter, Emperor Reso)
14X5.5 Snare (Remo Controlled Sound Batter, Emperor Reso, PowerStroke Wires)

Zildjian Cymbals:
K Custom 9" Hybrid Splash
Avedis 10" Armand Splash
Avedis/K 14" Mastersound Hats (Avedis Top, K Zildjian Bottom)
Avedis 17" Fast Crash
K Custom 18" Dark Crash
Avedis 21" Sweet Ride
ZXT 18" Total China

Misc Stuff:
DW 4002 Double Pedal
DW 5000 Hats Stand
Vater Stick Holders
Loads of bottles of Lucozade Sport! :D

Opinions? :)

drummer4thefreaks

loop":1an2h9vi said:
Nice set, drummer4thefreaks but we need more pics! 8)
Oddly enough i was just about to edit the post and put some more on lol.

Theyre still not that great quality, but ive changed the set-up at least ;)

drummerfreek55

How do you like the DW4000 double pedal? Just wondering cuz from personal experience when I was practicing, just regular practice would loosen the screws to the betares in under 15 minutes. Glad to see all the DW though. nice kit

MerlinTKD

I didn't vote, because in my experience, it doesn't matter which you choose, they're all high quality. I will say, IMO, the better heads for recording are the warmer, more focused types. Evans EC series are excellent for toms, as well as Remo's Powerstroke series. I originally had an Evans head on my kick, but was very unhappy with the sound... got a Remo Pinstripe and it sounds fantastic.

For snare, a coated head is preferred, and something to keep the ring down... I use a Power Center Reverse Dot currently, though I bet the EC series would sound great; Remo's Powerstrokes or Controlled sound would be good as well.

I don't know Aquarian's products as well, but I know a producer friend who swears by them. Bottom line is, for recording, get heads that will focus the sound and reduce/eliminate overtones, and the engineer will love you! ;)

Nice kit, btw... I'm jealous of your splash, I want one! :D

drummer4thefreaks

Rob Crisp":1bmtlrso said:
Not a punk drummer..... Kyle, don't be telling fibs now! :wink:
Hey its you! lol. i hadnt noticed! :O how's it goin man? :D

I'm not JUST a punk drummer then, hows that sound? ;) Check the new pics :p

drummer4thefreaks

drummerfreek55":1fl2f5bd said:
How do you like the DW4000 double pedal? Just wondering cuz from personal experience when I was practicing, just regular practice would loosen the screws to the betares in under 15 minutes. Glad to see all the DW though. nice kit
You mean the screws for the bard connecting each of the pedals? lol, they do have a habit of unscrewing themselves, and arent exactly the best piece of equipment in the world... But when they are behaving they are rather nice. An upgrade would be nice, but they're great for my current price range lol. :)

MerlinTKD":1fl2f5bd said:
For snare, a coated head is preferred, and something to keep the ring down... I use a Power Center Reverse Dot currently, though I bet the EC series would sound great; Remo's Powerstrokes or Controlled sound would be good as well.

I don't know Aquarian's products as well, but I know a producer friend who swears by them. Bottom line is, for recording, get heads that will focus the sound and reduce/eliminate overtones, and the engineer will love you! ;)

Nice kit, btw... I'm jealous of your splash, I want one! :D
I like warmer sounding heads, but i hate playing with coated toms. Doesnt feel right to me >.< lol. It's a controlled sound thats on my snare at the current time, although as i play in a punk band and a covers band, i have it tuned between to two, theres enough ring for the punk, but not too much for the funk, pop, rock, dance etc that i play in my covers band. ;)

I havn't played with Aquarian much either, but my friend has a kit with them on that i've played a few times, and although they'd be tuned differently to how i myself would like them, the first impression didn't cut it for me... However! You cant see it in the pics above cos of my camera angling, but i have an Aquarian Super Kick II on my kick. Best bass drum head i've ever used. ;)

Thanks ;) Splashes are awesome, and not that expensive either surprisingly :D lol.

shanemunzert":1fl2f5bd said:
maybe upgrading those hats? maybe some mastersounds? other than that looks marvelleous
They're my next upgrade, I'm after some mastersounds but im not sure on the type yet. Either Avedis or A/K Custom would do nicely i think, but lets save that decision for inside the store eh? ;)