mapex

FastEddie

just like MikeRowland said mapex is a great company they have a beautiful sound and everyday is rising as a more played company. basically i would play and find that kit between the 2 you just feel inside sounds amazing to you. i got a mapex 3 years ago and ihavent looked back and i dont have second thoughts of it!

Danny Meazell

I am not big on Mapex because it is made in China. They do have In my book The one of the finest snare in the world. The all Bronze Black Panther.
But that is just me. I love the Ludwig Black Beauty too.

Blond_Duke

I have played a few mapexs before and almost got one but didn't go with it but in a few years when i upgrade again i think it will be a high end mapex. They aren't to bad.

Blond_Duke

B-RAD52":3jlbs0ih said:
mapex sucks
Oo, boy another drummer with a huge ego that never justifies his reasoning and just blabs his mouth off. If you ask how i got all that from his post. Read his sig.

Mapex doesn't suck but it's not the best. Why don't you post more then it sucks and list some reasons why.

Dee

Blond_Duke":3dgufeu7 said:
B-RAD52":3dgufeu7 said:
mapex sucks
Oo, boy another drummer with a huge ego that never justifies his reasoning and just blabs his mouth off. If you ask how i got all that from his post. Read his sig.

Mapex doesn't suck but it's not the best. Why don't you post more then it sucks and list some reasons why.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

B-RAD52

Blond_Duke":1mlnbh6p said:
B-RAD52":1mlnbh6p said:
mapex sucks

1. Bass Drum pedal fell apart
2. Ordered a 7 piece, only got five
3. When I called to complain, they were rude
4. When my other two toms came in, one was cracked
5. Their hardware is cheap, unsturdy, and the boom stands turn when hitting the cymbal

After all this, I quickly donated it to my church, and went out and bought a Yamaha Stage Custom

devilspain

wow got a good bit to say here!!

mapex is fantabulous the sound on there kits is class!

danny meazell -:

whats wrong with them being made in china??

http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/story.asp?StoryID=1284 heres a review for the mapex factory on the mikedolbear website it was only put up recently.

B-RAD52 -:

i wont disagree the hardware aint great! but thats no reason to say mapex sucks. could say there hardware sucks. the sound off my saturn is awesome. and i had a m birch before that and ive no complaints with it either.

ive only used my local mapex dealer and things have been spot on anything ive wanted from them i got within two weeks.

if one of your toms was cracked it probably happened during transit to you! simply send it back and it should be replaced!

Blond_Duke

B-RAD52":1wvih0bk said:
Blond_Duke":1wvih0bk said:
B-RAD52":1wvih0bk said:
mapex sucks

1. Bass Drum pedal fell apart
2. Ordered a 7 piece, only got five
3. When I called to complain, they were rude
4. When my other two toms came in, one was cracked
5. Their hardware is cheap, unsturdy, and the boom stands turn when hitting the cymbal

After all this, I quickly donated it to my church, and went out and bought a Yamaha Stage Custom

You shouldn't buy a set and have it delivered to your house. It's better to go to a store and buy it. And i don't know why you had so many problems. Any mapex i played was great. I even helped set up half of one. No problems.

Northdrums

Mapex doesn't suck. They have a great product at a great price. I owned a set of Mapex "M" series and played damn near every weekend with that kit and had no problems with the hardware or the drums. I did replace the kick pedal and hi-hat stand almost immediately after I got the drums, because I wanted something better, but what can you expect for $650? For drums and hardware!! That's a steal. I bet you paid alot more for your Yamaha's. You get what you pay for.

ceej730

I think mapex makes awesome stuff Pro M and above. If only they came in the sizes that i want a were a little bit cheaper.. oh well

B-RAD52

Northdrums":31y62ocx said:
Mapex doesn't suck. They have a great product at a great price. I owned a set of Mapex "M" series and played damn near every weekend with that kit and had no problems with the hardware or the drums. I did replace the kick pedal and hi-hat stand almost immediately after I got the drums, because I wanted something better, but what can you expect for $650? For drums and hardware!! That's a steal. I bet you paid alot more for your Yamaha's. You get what you pay for.
I did pay a lot for my Yamaha's, but it has already paid for itself.

devilspain

ceej730":2xt6jdlw said:
I think mapex makes awesome stuff Pro M and above. If only they came in the sizes that i want a were a little bit cheaper.. oh well
im sure you can get the sizes you want in the saturn or orion ranges.

these are the sizes you can get with the M birch series.

BASS DRUMS
18 x 14
22 x 16
20 x 18
22 x 18

FLOOR TOMS
14 x 14
16 x 16
18 x 16

RACK TOMS
8 x 7
8 x 8
10 x 7
10 x 8
10 x 9
12 x 10
13 x 9
13 x 11
14 x 12
16 x 14

SNARES
14 x 5.5
14 x 6.5

these witht he Pro M's

BASS DRUMS
18 x 14
18 x 16
20 x 16
20 x 18
22 x 16
22 x 18
24 x 18

FLOOR TOMS
14 x 14
15 x 15
16 x 13
16 x 16
18 x 16

RACK TOMS
8 x 7
8 x 8
10 x 7
10 x 8
10 x 9
12 x 8
12 x 9
12 x 10
13 x 9
13 x 10
13 x 11
14 x 10
14 x 11
14 x 12
16 x 8
16 x 14

SNARES
13 x 5.5
14 x 5.5
14 x 6.5
14 x 8

as you can see theres loads of components for your own kit which if you ask your local dealer can arrange your own kit no bother.

ceej730

and u can just pick and chose what sizes you want? thats fricken awesome i thought it was just the sets that already come toghether on guitar center

devilspain

lol of course you can get what your want if the music store you buying from wants the money you can get what you want dude. if they say its those kits or nothing go somewhere else. good luck. and mapex is quite cheap compared to most drum companies. i love them. :D

Groove

Danny Meazell":1whnencq said:
I am not big on Mapex because it is made in China. They do have In my book The one of the finest snare in the world. The all Bronze Black Panther.
But that is just me. I love the Ludwig Black Beauty too.
We had a hammered Bronze snare in the shop. Sooooo sweet. I loved that drum!

Make no mistake - Mapex make great stuff no matter where or what country it comes from.

andybfrank

My Mapex Venus series that I bought in like 1995 sucked. The wrap cracked and bubbled, one of the memory locks on my tom holder snapped, the wood was cheap and sounded bad, and the bass drum spurs wore out and had to be replaced, but hey, it was my very first drum set and Mapex's bottom of the line kit. My brother still uses it and actually plays shows with it. It sounds good miked. From what I understand, high end Mapex kits are just as good as anything else these days, but my first Mapex was indeed crap.

As far as being made in China, I really don't care who assembles the thing as long as the wood is good and the hardware is solid (e.g. my Gretsch Renown Maple, made in Taiwan, which looks and sounds like butter).

phlopip

i have a mapex pro m kit and havent had any problems whatsoever. the bass pedal is abit odd so i changed it, but apart from that it is a great kit for the price.

Blond_Duke":1y3x4dim said:
B-RAD52":1y3x4dim said:
mapex sucks

he probably just listens to joey jordison or chad smith or w/e his name is who uses pearl n have never looked past it. im using a mapex n im really enjoying it. its a low end one but its a quality kit, alot of people said it would be a bugger to tune n the shells would be all uneven but ive not had a problem with it.... even the pappy single plys that came with it sounded good on it!! i dont like the thought of buying a really expensive kit though because i do alot of gigs where everyone expects you to lend your stuff out coz they didnt bring any i would be afraid to take it out of my house. but anyways lol back to the ignorant pearl lover lol or tama maybe i dunno same ol (not that tama is bad but i really hate the mounting system on pearls! they make the toms nearly impossible to possition level).

ceej730":1r86xa9s said:
and u can just pick and chose what sizes you want? thats fricken awesome i thought it was just the sets that already come toghether on guitar center
nah you can have what you want but obviously with most of the ranges they have set kits already. i personally like the fusion set-ups of the mapex ranges but you can have what you like pretty much even with the vx series.