mapex pro m or ddrum dominion maple

cucu

hi everyone! i'm cumhur from turkey... in turkey drumset prices are very high... i found two set with low prices... mapex pro m studio ($ 1500) and ddrum dominion maple dorian ($ 1759), yes prices are high for us... i really can not decide... i'm waiting your reviews, please help :)

anavrinIV

michiganice91":bqcz9g7f said:
mapex pro M..ive heard only bad things from the people who had Ddrums, and great things from the people who used Mapex
you should really read more of these forums then...everything above the punx line is highly regarded around here.

can you play either of these sets before you buy them? if so, go with which one sounds better to you. if not, id go with mapex. ive played a few mapex kits and they are very nice drums, not to mention they have excellent hardware.

michiganice91

anavrinIV":32byyk0b said:
michiganice91":32byyk0b said:
mapex pro M..ive heard only bad things from the people who had Ddrums, and great things from the people who used Mapex
you should really read more of these forums then...everything above the punx line is highly regarded around here.

can you play either of these sets before you buy them? if so, go with which one sounds better to you. if not, id go with mapex. ive played a few mapex kits and they are very nice drums, not to mention they have excellent hardware.
um i read these forums everyday. Why dont u ask Ddrumbum (now pdplayer) why he switched from Ddrum to PDP..because he had a boat load of problems with them...so maybe im not wrong??

SuNoAnBuKi

Also though, you gotta think - thats only one person (that I've heard of) out of however many who have had problems with DDRUM. I've owned a Dominion Maple kit for a year now and haven't had one ounce of a problem with it. For a while I couldn't get a nice sound out of them - but I was used to tuning "Power" sized toms (11x12, 12x13 and 16x16) along with a 16x22 bass drum as opposed to a 20x22. I've since learned how to tune these drums and couldn't be happier with my results. If you can get somewhere to try these kits out, do it. Otherwise trust your gut, these review forums and whats going to make you and your wallet happy.

cucu

thanks for advises...

i really wanna know bassdrum sounds... i only tried the m pro, and ddrum maple pocket bassdrums... i don't like the pocket kick, this is too small for me but dorian kick may be better... and also i loved the m pro toms... but still don't know the dorian...

SuNoAnBuKi

Yeah - I like the idea of a 20x20 kick, but I dont think I could actually own one and play it everyday. The 20x22 I have sounds awesome. But if you're looking for a 24" kick like what the Dorian series you mentioned has - you're in luck, DDRUM just released a 20x24 model a couple weeks ago. When I save up enough I'll probably snatch one of them up.

devilspain

mapex all the way! last ddrum kit i seen in my local music store the tom mounts where piece of shit they just hung on they werent fastened. anyways id get a saturn more than pro m. ive played from M birch, Pro M and Saturn and it comes out on top.

ddrumbum

michiganice91":2sf5cur1 said:
anavrinIV":2sf5cur1 said:
michiganice91":2sf5cur1 said:

um i read these forums everyday. Why dont u ask Ddrumbum (now pdplayer) why he switched from Ddrum to PDP..because he had a boat load of problems with them...so maybe im not wrong??
Absolutely I would not recommend ddrum anything to my worst enemy, I went thru THREE ddrum kits, all of them with several major defects, ddrums sucks, absolutely go with the mapex, if you go with ddrum you will regret it, I promise you.

ddrumbum

michiganice91":mppn4qbl said:
anavrinIV":mppn4qbl said:
michiganice91":mppn4qbl said:

Absolutely I would not recommend ddrum anything to my worst enemy, I went thru THREE ddrum kits, all of them with several major defects, ddrums sucks, absolutely go with the mapex, if you go with ddrum you will regret it, I promise you.

Groove

I haven't personally played or owned a ddrum kit but I do know from first hand experience that Mapex is putting out some really great lines.

Lorneyc

Hey man, go with the Pro M! Brilliant drums! As far as affordable drum kits go, Pro M has gotta be somewhere near the top of the list. Mapex drums sound great and the hardware is tops (not as good as Pearl, but not many are...)

PDP9000

I have had friends that have Ddrum sets and the sound is horrible i hate Ddrum i would go with the mapex pro M

SuNoAnBuKi

Care to elaborate any further? Cause thats a pretty generalized statement. What series do they play? What heads do they use? Are they in tune or at least close? Because I play DDRUM Dominions with Remo Pinstripes, they're certainly in tune .. and they sound fantastic. DDRUM is a good company with good products. Diablos are nothing more than crap and in my opinion so are the Diatribes. I feel the same way about any other company when it comes to their entry and (most) intermediate level drums. But the Dominion (maple and ash), Diode, Dios and USA Custom Shop? Forget about it. Read the articles in DRUM! Where they reviewed them and read the testimony's on DDRUM's forum page - you'll see almost nothing but good.

cucu

thanks everyone to help... i bought my new mapex pro m studio yesterday :) yeah it's fantastic... very loud and have good resonance... i didn't expect that... really wonderful drums...

i used with kits own heads, and its good enough... of course i'll change them today...

we have two shows in weekend, i'll send the photos... it looks great :)

michiganice91

cucu":1ajdi679 said:
thanks everyone to help... i bought my new mapex pro m studio yesterday :) yeah it's fantastic... very loud and have good resonance... i didn't expect that... really wonderful drums...

i used with kits own heads, and its good enough... of course i'll change them today...

we have two shows in weekend, i'll send the photos... it looks great :)
awesome man..good choice..thats a great kit..post pics and specs ASAP...were anxious!! lol

michiganice91

SuNoAnBuKi":gm0x9963 said:
Read the articles in DRUM! Where they reviewed them and read the testimony's on DDRUM's forum page - you'll see almost nothing but good.
do u really think Ddrum would negative testimonial's on their website..?? come on think a little harder.

SuNoAnBuKi

Instead of criticizing my ability to think you might want to head on over to the forum on ddrum's website and read it. There's a reasonable amount of complaints on there. Some people are frustrated with shipping problems from Guitar Center, others are upset with "faulty" hardware and a few are showing concern with having troubles contacting them. Anyway thanks for your concern about my brain but I think it's working just fine.