mapex m birch in the drum room, come on in.

drum2live

sure, yea i dont usually but wanted to try a different angle for my comfort zone, here's cymbal specs=14" zildjian zht mastersounds, 15' SABIAN aa thin crash, 15" zildjian a custom crash, 16" zildjian a crash, 21" zildjian a custom ride, 16" zildjian zht china. thanks alot

phoenix7289

loop":2861xxcq said:
Great set! I'd love to see some bigger pics :)
Me too!!!
But that is awesome!
What I love about Mapex above practically all the other companies, is that, they go above and beyond, and instead of constantly making just 4 or 5 piece sets... they give you a little more color for basically the same price and give you a 6 piece! I wish Tama had sets like this!!!

drum2live

drum2live said:
loop said:
Great set! I'd love to see some bigger pics http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4968/mekit009dx7.jpg

thanks alot yea this is my 2nd mapex both m series, between the finish and the sound you can't go wrong. you can check out myspace.com/dryve2drum for a smorgashborg of pics.

drum2live

phoenix7289":3jb2zbzq said:
loop":3jb2zbzq said:
Great set! I'd love to see some bigger pics :)
Me too!!!
But that is awesome!
What I love about Mapex above practically all the other companies, is that, they go above and beyond, and instead of constantly making just 4 or 5 piece sets... they give you a little more color for basically the same price and give you a 6 piece! I wish Tama had sets like this!!!

phoenix7289

Dude! I just noticed in one of your larger pics.. we have the SAME EXACT STEREO! :D Isn't it awesome for when you wanna blast music and drum?! Turn it up to like 28 or 29, and you're set! SO AWESOME!!!

michiganice91

very awesome kit indeed, i love everything about it, beautiful color, might wanna upgrade them hats tho bro. Awesome stuff

drum2live

michiganice91":4b8mjjg7 said:
very awesome kit indeed, i love everything about it, beautiful color, might wanna upgrade them hats tho bro. Awesome stuff
cool thanks for the replys, yea thats my next project is hihats, i'm leaning towards sabian aax accelerators. would love to find a pair of sound formulas [paiste] on ebay or something.

michiganice91

haha nice..i saw the blue hydros at samash, they looked sweet man. good luck. By the way, most people say the hydraulics deaden a drum, and thats just to much. How do u like em? I cant believe ur using studio rings on top of those.

drum2live

michiganice91":2ahuz57c said:
haha nice..i saw the blue hydros at samash, they looked sweet man. good luck. By the way, most people say the hydraulics deaden a drum, and thats just to much. How do u like em? I cant believe ur using studio rings on top of those.
well not really, i like the deep sound, so i tune em low, really love the birch, but i'll record a jam a let you hear them. i would disagree with them deadning a drum, i would say just the opposite.

drum2live

michiganice91":2sanm1zp said:
so youd say hydraulics actually open a drum up more than say a 1 ply clear head
sure, for me anyway, before i would use g2 clears or aquarian perf. 2's. i like these better, especially if you like that fat 70's 80's sound, i find myself not tunig as much. i see you play ludwig, i used to have a rocker, loved it.