16" Sabian
17" A Custom
18" A Custom
19" China Boy
20" Medium Ride

Iron Cobra, dw pedals

paistydrummer

Thanks,

The riser can be kind of tight but everything stays up there. It's kind of redneck but if I'm worried about somthing falling I gaff tape it down.

paistydrummer

I'm not sure what series it's from. I got it used. From what I know about it, it was made for a guy that had a Mapex endorsement. The badges say custom maple. I should run the serial numbers by Mapex to find out some history on it. To the best of my knowledge the kit is a "one off". I don't think Mapex ever mass produced a 26" Kickdrum. I have never ran across another with the same finish (it is a lacquer finish not a wrap) or badges. If anyone knows of another I would like to chat about it a little. Thanks

paistydrummer

I'm sorry I forgot that the badges say U.S. Maple. I understand that they were briefly offerd to the public and then only to endorsers. Anyone know anything else about this series?

Tgaff08

paistydrummer":7u66v9lc said:
Thanks,

The riser can be kind of tight but everything stays up there. It's kind of redneck but if I'm worried about somthing falling I gaff tape it down.
gaff tape?

paistydrummer

gaff tape. Thats what we call it. It's a kind of black duct tape. Its more cloth and not a sticky as duct tape (it wont leave that sticky residue on mic cords). I've also heard it called stage tape or rigging tape. Maby its a midwest thing?

dutch

gaffers tape is mainly used by "industry types", production companys, touring bands, kind of expensive but well worth not getting residue all over everything!

Tgaff08

paistydrummer":2vgz13ti said:
gaff tape. Thats what we call it. It's a kind of black duct tape. Its more cloth and not a sticky as duct tape (it wont leave that sticky residue on mic cords). I've also heard it called stage tape or rigging tape. Maby its a midwest thing?
i was just wondering. my last name is gaffner and go by gaff to some people. ive never heared anyone who doesnt know me say gaff. ha. cool. nice kit.

paistydrummer

The snare is steel. It's loud but very controlable. I have the maple snare that came with the kit, but the pearl has more of the sound I like. I also have a Pearl 13" brass piccolo and a 1964 Ludwig 13" piccolo (sounds bad ass) I use Evans dry vent on my free floater and Evans G2 coated on the rest of them.