Making and assembly of drums

Sway

Ok ive been drumming for about 5 years. I was getting into not just making my own snare but my own kit. I found that you can get your shells pressed and assembled from a company called Keller. Well i was wondering where the crap would you get the parts and stuff for the hardware and lugs. What kind of tools are needed? If anyone has any tips on how to make em, tell me please!
I was also reading on the DW website how they dcut there bearing edges to 15 degrees and the standard angle is 40-45 degrees.
So in conclusion(im not really this formal just kidding)i need help!

osiris90210

i get all my hardware to put on my kit from billy hydes, they sell lugs tom arms brackets legs everything, i dont like the default hardware on my sort of kit, but i keep to the same brand to keep the same noise, i dont think to highly of the hardware so i replace it all...

hope the helped man, dunno whered ud do to by all the seperate parts of lugs and all, but to buy them all done and ready to put on id say billy hydes

Mr. Pants

osiris90210":twqqnw99 said:
i get all my hardware to put on my kit from billy hydes, they sell lugs tom arms brackets legs everything, i dont like the default hardware on my sort of kit, but i keep to the same brand to keep the same noise, i dont think to highly of the hardware so i replace it all...

hope the helped man, dunno whered ud do to by all the seperate parts of lugs and all, but to buy them all done and ready to put on id say billy hydes
http://www.amdrumparts.com

JSdrmr

I would think the bearing edge angle has something to do with the type(s) of wood(s) used for the shell, so you may want to find out more about that before you go cutting angles...just a guess

drummert2k

JSdrmr":3q9mh9y2 said:
I would think the bearing edge angle has something to do with the type(s) of wood(s) used for the shell, so you may want to find out more about that before you go cutting angles...just a guess
where ever you gut your shells from make sure you have them do the edges. if you've never done them before i can pretty much guarentee you'll ruin the drum. the edges are very very important. also, ask if the company will do the drilling as well. you'll have to already know what hardware you're using because of spacing and stuff. but that would be a great option for you if you've never done that before. if you really wanna get into making your own kit. pick up crap sets at yardsales and places like that for like 100 bucks and just rip the wrap and hardware off, patch up the holes, do some drilling for new hardware, and mess with wrapping and staining as well. if you want to get into doing edges yourself, i highly recommend having a drum builder show you personaly. the edge can make or break the drum. but basicall, all you have to do is order your shells from keller (which is a great company. one of the top shell companies out there. but they usually direct you through a smaller dealer to get your shells) theres also many other places you can order shells from. just make sure they will do the edges and i'd recommend the hardware drilling as well. then all you have to do is wrap or stain the shell how you want and screw the hardware on and you got yourslef a new kit.