M Birch or M Birch Fusion

ClintKelly

I'll be purchasing a mapex 6 piece m birch set soon, and im wondering what exactly the difference is between the m birch, and the m birch fusion. Is there any difference? If so, what would one go with?

AK-Drummer

only difference is the tom sizes. a standard kit is normaly a 12, 13, and 16 floor tom, fusion kits are smaller toms. 10, 12, and 14...most fusions iv seen the 14 is attached to a cymbal stand. so ya....no quality difference. and as far as i know there's no price difference (someone correct me if im wrong) so its all personal prefernce really.

Sway

I dont know you might want to look into it a little more. I got a regular M Birch 7 piece and it came in all even sizes. 8,10,12,14,16 for the toms so i dont know there might be some quality difference just ask someone at your drum shop.

devilspain

as stated before the diff is sizes in tom shells.

on a standard fusion set

22 x 18 Bass Drum
10 x 9 Rack Tom
12 x 10 Rack Tom
14 x 14 Floor Tom
14 x 5.5 Snare

on a standard rock set.

22 x 18 Bass Drum
12 x 10 Rack Tom
13 x 11 Rack Tom
16 x 16 Floor Tom
14 x 5.5 Snare

with the fusion you'll get an 8" tom extra or on the standard you'll get a 10" tom free.

check out the mapex webbys to see what your getting

mapex are great i had an m birch and ive no complaints.

Shalaq

I'd say go for a standard set. 10 12 13 16 toms are more versatile- you still get a 10 and 12 toms and always can tune the 16 floor tom high. But if you want to play on a more rockish gig you can tune the 16 down and use the 13 tom. With the fusion you'll get plenty of high end (it's birch).

Josh1789

there is only one difference, and tht is tom & bass drum sizes.
normaly fusion sets are smaller, however with the m series, the bass drum is the same, so u still get a solid sound with a low tone, however the toms on the fusion are smaller which means tht u will get a higher pitch tone.
so in the end its up to which u would like because u should buy a kit which sounds like wot u want it to sound like.

http://www.myspace.com/drummer_nut88

Blond_Duke

I almost got a 7 pc fusion but then i saw it wasn't really worth it. I like my toms either high or low pitched. I'm not the "middel" man when it comes to my toms.