Ludwigs or Pearls?

Ludwigs or Pearls?

• Ludwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChrisNichols

Just curious as to what everyone thinks about this. These are my two favourites, but I think I like Ludwigs just that bit more. What do y'all reckon?

drummert2k

depends what like of drums you're talking about. i prefer pearls high end kits over ludwigs. but the lower line kits i go with ludwig.

lower line pearls use poplar for the shells. lower line ludwigs use 100% birch.

but then higher end pearls in my book top over higher end ludwig kits. mainly because of look and custom options.

MasterShake89

I'm saying ludwig just for the pure fact that im a ludwig user and they have yet to fail me. And it seems to me pearl has TONS of sets out, and i mean tons. ludwig has fewer but each of them have more of an identity. (btw there was this beautiful pearl export i saw in my local music shop for 900 that came with a finish i cant even find on their site, bright transparent green in the middle to black towards the rims in sunburst style)

michiganice91

ludwig definatly...ludwig is an older company with more experience..and higher quality (i use the classic maples)..in my opinion everything ive seen from pearl is kind of junky compared to ludwigs.

drumschick07

I totally agree with you drummer2k, I have a ludwig, but I used to play a pearl export. I definently love the sound of my ludwig better than the pearls.

Plus, Ludwig is american made!

michiganice91

uhh..only the high end ludwigs are american made i believe..the midlines..are made in china or mexico or something like that

AK-Drummer

michiganice91":295bbgzq said:
uhh..only the high end ludwigs are american made i believe..the midlines..are made in china or mexico or something like that
hehe mexico...america...seems be be the same thing almost these days. prolly more mexicans in america then mexico. (im not racist my best friend is mexican)

shanemunzert

personally i gotta go with the ludwigs on a normal occasion. the kick drum are generally just nice and booming. pearls are fun for jazz though.

anavrinIV

i vote for pearls. i love pearls reference series but even the session custom birch sets sound amazing, especially for the price.

i played a set of ludwig classic maples and was highly unimpressed.

i dont like maple toms much though so thats a problem when i play high end kits...most of them are maple and its just not my sound.

Bluestonered

Im at the stage Im well over-due for an upgrade... I have had a Pearl Export Select for over 10 years...its done countless gigs and records beautifully. Actually has blown some drummers away as it has sounded better than their highend kits recorded in the same studio by the same engineer!! The only thing is it doesnt have the volume I'ld like for the live siuation. Im considering a natural Maple Ludwig Like the Bonham re-issue but smaller sizes. But then again the Pearl Reference kit looks very pretty in that shop.... I know Pearl hardware works...better than Tama or DW hardware for sure...tried and tested... Im gunna have to play both kits and one will just feel right!

michiganice91

anavrinIV":2pleyedc said:
i vote for pearls. i love pearls reference series but even the session custom birch sets sound amazing, especially for the price.

i dont like maple toms much though so thats a problem when i play high end kits...most of them are maple and its just not my sound.
u suck..and BTW..DW hardware is way better than anything else

drummert2k

michiganice91":3v79b0oc said:
anavrinIV":3v79b0oc said:

u suck..and BTW..DW hardware is way better than anything else
michiganice91, you should try a set of birch ludwigs out. i think you would like very much. i love maple drums but personally i'd rather use birch. i just like the tone more.

and as for hardware, if you're talking about lug casings and rims and stuff, i love the pearl super hoops and pearls lug casing style. as far as stands go, my vote goes to tama.

AK-Drummer

ya i decided to go with the new vision series from pearl. smaller kit then what i planned but im ok pearl seems pretty dependable on gettin expansion packs and other stuff out there for people to buy. and im not a big maple fan either. nice but it just doesnt seem...idk...its not me. so ill take my chances with birch. drummert2k thanks for all the help eh

drummert2k

im pretty sure you're gonna be happy going with birch. and pearl is really good when it comes to ordering extra drums and expansion packs

michiganice91

ludwig classic birches are cheaper than the classic maples..and i have already put 3000 dollars into my maple set...so i dont see any pssible way for me to acquire a classic birch