Ludwig White Marine Pearl

Airborne Ranger

They look great, none of the yellowing that is common with WMP. I have a very similar set that I use regularly, its 22, 13, 16 in WMP, but it's a mid 70's set. The rivets are not in the 78' catalog, they ARE in the 81' catalog and are gone by the 84' catalog, so you're dating is correct.

skitch

johnnyringo":30emiajp said:
Here's a Ludwig wmp kit from the late 70's to early 80's, it was made with the riveted seams.

Beautiful drums! I'll give you $5 dollars for them!

Alan_

I've got some older ones from the 60's with the thin maple/poplar/maple shells with reinforcing rings. 13, 14, 16 toms and 20 bass. 5" brass supraphonic and 5" acrolite snares. Also, have a 24" marching drum from the 70's that I put spurs on.

The older ones' wrap is fairly yellowed from years of playing them in smoky bars. Well, they were already a little yellow when I got them, but it sure didn't help. The marching drum's wrap isn't yellowed at all.

Codymunzert

Alan_":hfpbseer said:
I've got some older ones from the 60's with the thin maple/poplar/maple shells with reinforcing rings. 13, 14, 16 toms and 20 bass. 5" brass supraphonic and 5" acrolite snares. Also, have a 24" marching drum from the 70's that I put spurs on.

The older ones' wrap is fairly yellowed from years of playing them in smoky bars. Well, they were already a little yellow when I got them, but it sure didn't help. The marching drum's wrap isn't yellowed at all.
damn dude u got it all worked out for ya