Ludwig Speed King

ytsejam1337

I actually am running two bass drums...each having a Speed king...and I love them

I love the action I get from them...and plus I don't have to worry about adjusting 20 different things :p

Lepricoin

my teacher uses the speed king and from what i can tell she loves it. I have a hard time getting double strokes out of it with the heel to technique tho...

soliddrummer

my uncle gave me a speed king to practice with, and if it wasn't so darn old, it would have been smoother. as it was, the ball bearings fell out of the thing....but he said it was smooth as anything back in the day :D

shortnotice

the first pedal I used was a speed king (it was my Dads old one from the 70's) and I have never felt a pedal like it. Eventually it snapped but 30 years worth of use isn't bad!!!!

Good pedal 10/10!

mattkinel

I LOVE MY SPEEDKING! I will never use anything else. Its cheap and reliable. There easy to set up, plys the springs are contained inside the housing so theres no breakage that can affect them. There easy to adjust the tension, you just put a screwdriver up the housing on the side. I love the stock hard felt beater that comes on them. The speedkings were the grandfather for the Axis direct drive pedal.

Speedkings for life
-Matt

Mike T

I started with them in 1965 and i am still using 2 of them one on a 22 and one on a 24 they are the best no gimmicks and direct drive is just much smoother...

The Alien Drummer

My first pedals were speed kings from my dad's kit. I haven't used them in 20 years though. After reading these other posts maybe I should blow the dust off them :?:

Shalaq

The Alien Drummer":27nluw26 said:
My first pedals were speed kings from my dad's kit. I haven't used them in 20 years though. After reading these other posts maybe I should blow the dust off them :?:
If you don't use them than send them to me ;D

Dale

Shalaq":301nyn7x said:
Has anyone ever tried this pedal? How does the direct drive feel on this pedal?
I've owned 2 over the years. I believe it to be the greatest pedal of all. I don't have one at the moment though.