LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLES

meta L ucas

I GOT A NEW LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE KIT. 2 BASS DRUMS, 2 RACK TOMS AND 2 FLOOR TOMS. WHO HAS AN OPINION ON THESE DRUMS?
you can look at my photos on myspace.com/lucasofsangrar

Please don't shout.
Shalaq

screamkevin

I'm not a Ludwig fan or player, but congratulations! The Classic Maples are a fine product, and I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment out of them. Just take care of them and they'll take care of you.

Guy&i

i got a new Ludwig Classic Maple kit last year
it was suppose to be my dream set...
3 rack toms - 8" 10" 12" 1 floor 16" and 22" bass drum
with 2 snares - a 12" and a 14"

i got soooo dissapointed!
ive tried to tune them in all sorts of technics, changed heads and i dont know why, they r just not right for me...
i thaught about selling them more then once, but something tells me that after a few years of playing them they will sound better, as a vintage kit should do....
i spoke to several drummers about it and some said ludwig just dont sound like they used to...
dont get me wrong they sound good, just not the good i want them to sound like.
i dunno i geuss im just not a ludwig fan...

now my dreams of the DW kit i always wanted come back to haunt me

THE EXPOSED

i just got a vintage set of 1984 classic maples and i love them. Ive been a ludwig fan since my first accent custom kit i started on 10 years ago. Congradulations man i think they are the best drums out there.

mattkinel

I want to kill you! Im a huge ludwig fan and ive always wanted a doubble bass mod orange or psych red kit like ginger baker. I just orderd some Ludwig 6 ply shells off ebay to finsh my Bonham Green Sparkle replica kit. I already own a set of vistalites in doubble bass, a bonham stainless steel and a 20,12,14 ludwig club date kit, all are vintage. Ludwig just makes the classiest drums at awsome prices. Why pay for a DW kit when you can get a ludwig.

Ludwigs are awsome kits, buying anything pricier is just for show, except for snare drums.

Bowmanator

Guy&i":2y367jxz said:
i got a new Ludwig Classic Maple kit last year
it was suppose to be my dream set...
3 rack toms - 8" 10" 12" 1 floor 16" and 22" bass drum
with 2 snares - a 12" and a 14"

i got soooo dissapointed!

dont get me wrong they sound good, just not the good i want them to sound like.
i dunno i geuss im just not a ludwig fan...

now my dreams of the DW kit i always wanted come back to haunt me
this is why those who bark the DW, brady, custom drums..., yadda yadda yadda are overpriced, there is no price for what you want and what sounds good to YOUR ear. Ludwigs are great drums for those who love the ludwig sound, its not for everyone.
At my old work, I found that ludwigs lacked alot of quality in EVERYTHING, I spoke to the manufacturers about this and its just a quality control issue. Kits would come in with the bass drum tom mount loose and wobbly, which would crack the shell if a tom was mounted on it. The spurs wouldn't sit properly causing the same effect, and the bearng edges are poop.

Get what you want and never settle for anything less. DW, Pearl Masters, Yamaha Customs, Starclassic Bubinga, anyone of those will never let you down.

"Every single human being on Earth has a different face, why should our ears be the same?"