lost any gear??

devilspain

hey just thought id post im bored waiting for a phone call....

last night i forgot (or well i think i forgot) my stick bag after playing a gig in dublin.
im ragin cause if it is lost, its a tonne of cash i dont wana be forking out to replace.
apart from 3 pairs of brand new vic firths, ive lost drum keys, gloves, moongel tub, mallets, hot rods, jazz brushes etc etc
argh if i dont get a phone call saying yes its here at the venue ill be ragin as someone has lifted it! :(

any body else lost any gear?

Mitchell?

I'm missing a Little Big Muff Pi (guitar fx pedal) right now, and I have to say...

I'm pissed.

I love the wee thing to death, 'cause it makes my shit SS practice guitar amp sound alright at home. That's why I need some extra cash for a new Fender Vibro Champ XD.

SINISTER

I thought I lost my stick bag 6 months ago at first avenue in minneapolis...........well 2 weeks ago our guitar player decided to clean out his van and he's like "Hey heres your stick bag dude" and I was like "man I thought I lost it and it was gone forever" and that's my story! :D sooooo glad 2 have it back because it had like 10 pairs of sticks in it

devilspain

lol yeah that would a nice if one of the band mates lifted it! but they woulda said :( still no word from the venue! everytime i phoned the guy was like can i leave a msg for the manager, whats your number! i got half way through it when he asked for my name i said well i said the rest of the number then my name i asked if he got my number and he only took down half of it! what a prick! so will have to get some to pay a visit to the club knock down doors and shit see if its there! pain in the face!

lexington

i always lose drum keys and sticks. i've left stools behind a few times but managed to get them back. i left a boomstand at a gig, never saw it again :(

mmmmdrums

i left my favorite drum key at a gig once

I went back a month later for another gig and the owner of the place handed it back to me!

Rob Crisp

Ahhh no way man! I did the same thing in our hometown. Called them up and a friend went and looked around. No stick bag! Like you 3 pairs of brand new VF's, brushes, mallets, you name it! No gloves though.

To start with I was like "DOH, idiot"... then I added up the cost of all the indevidual items....

One thing I was gutted about was the mini Jack Daniels sticks I'd just been given as a present were in there.

Hope it shows up!

devilspain

yeah bit o news i was a numpty and left them on stage :) so hopefully its been handed in in the club! :) whoop! waiting on another phone call now!

jonev17

my dw double pedal was "accidentally" lifted. luckily the place we were playing had 32 security cameras, and we saw the drummer from one of the other bands put it in his car. after a couple phone calls i got it back.

vincemie

could have been worse. could have been a whole set of cymbals or a snare drum or something. hope you got them back

Kris

That happened to me once after a gig....too many hands handling and not enough people watching ....my stick bag disappeared with a full case (12 pr) of sticks in it as well as moon gels and keys. Boy was I pissed!

Edge3591

jonev17":20p44kyc said:
my dw double pedal was "accidentally" lifted. luckily the place we were playing had 32 security cameras, and we saw the drummer from one of the other bands put it in his car. after a couple phone calls i got it back.
Holy crap! Playing a show inside a bank or something?

kplante069

I guess it pays to have lazy bandmates. My last band I usually got no help moving from the rest of the band. I would have my wife (then GF) watch my stuff while I loaded.