Looking for Drumstick Recommendations

pow3rtr1p

I've been using Joey Jordisons for a while, and I like the way they feel, but they're just too expensive, and a bit tacky. I took them to the local music store for a comparison with some other sticks, and evnded up buying some Dave Weckl Evolution sticks. They feel amazing, and fit my hands perfectly. However, they feel so light that I'm scared I'll break them. Also, I do a lot of Ride Bell stuff, and I've had the tips of wood tipped sticks break off until they're almost nothing before. Any suggestions on a stick that feels like the Weckl Evolutions, perhaps with a nylon tip, and a bit strudier, without gettign really heavy?

galgano16

do some experimenting and comparisons 2 find wht fits and suits u best, i mean come on, stix shouldnt b the thing u hav a hard time tryin 2 decide on

SGarrett

One place you can start is going to the manufacturer sites and comparing diameters. Once you get a few options you can head to the drum shop and give them a shot.

pow3rtr1p

I tried some Vic Firth, Pro Mark, and Zildjian 5As today, and they all felt too small. Does anyone know the differences between the Weckl and the Weckl evolution? Thanks.

drummer912

Pro Mark Millenium II 5B's are about the best i've used, great all-round sticks. don't know how they compare you yours tho.

SGarrett

pow3rtr1p":2cvuum3h said:
I tried some Vic Firth, Pro Mark, and Zildjian 5As today, and they all felt too small. Does anyone know the differences between the Weckl and the Weckl evolution? Thanks.
VicFirth.com does. :p