Looking at putting new heads on the Pulse

Heads?

• G2 Coated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hydraulic Glass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

automaster31

I am looking for a sound that can pull off AC/DC, Queensryche, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, and the Foo Fighters. I'm thinking of either Evans Hydraulic glass or G2 Coated. It's a 7 pc- 2x14" snares (only touching one), 10", 12", and 13" rack toms, with a 16" floor tom. Any feedback would be appreciated. You guys have helped me in the past, so you've become my go-to source. Keep it up!

-Brad

dbkman

Dont do the hyraulic, I loved them when I was behind the kit but recorded and live they sucked. very dead. They have no life or resonance.

break the prism

I got G2s on my Pulse and I still use it to record and sometimes to gig. With some decent resonants you've got yourself a real powerhouse of a kit.

automaster31

break the prism":t2rccoog said:
I got G2s on my Pulse and I still use it to record and sometimes to gig. With some decent resonants you've got yourself a real powerhouse of a kit.

What would you suggest for a res head? clear G1's?

automaster31

screamkevin":1wgyfjsu said:
I have G1's as resos on all toms on my kit, and they are great. G2's for batter, G1's for reso works well.

Sounds good. You guys've helped me when ever I asked, even with the stupid questions. And for your tolerance and assistance, I thank all of you.