Longboards and why?

Quarter Note

Clueless question.

What benefit does a longboard provide compared to a stock pedal plate? I was told they are better for Heel down.

thansk

Opopanax

But are they worth the huge price tag? I have relatively large feet that slip off my bass drum pedal sometimes. I've thought about changing over to an Axis longboard, but then that leaves my hi-hat stand the gimpy one. So unless I get a hi-hat stand with larger pedal it's all staying.

Alan_

I don't really have issues with my feet fitting on the pedalboard of my DW 5000's, and I'm a size 12. However, I don't have my foot all the way up the footboard.

Opopanax

That might be the problem; my feet slide way up to the toe-stops.

I have a DW5000 on my V-drums and I have to say it holds my foot better than my Pearl pedals, which I think have the nicer action.

Eh, it's all in the technique. I'll focus on that for a bit..

jaundiced

As well as being good for bigger feet and even better for heel/toe strokes, another benefit is that the long boards help provide better leverage, power and speed by allowing the player to play further down on the footboards for heel-up single strokes.

Howepirate

I'm pretty sure me and Derek Roddy have the same sized shoe...a 9 1/2 or 10 ( i read it somewhere....?) and we both use longboards. They aren't just for people with big feet.

Opopanax

That hi-hat stand looks slick. I think I'll stick with my Pearl hardware for quite some time though; wearing thin-soled, grippy shoes (PF Flyers in this case) helps keep my feet in position..

If I ever wear this stuff out I'll check into Axis. Thanks for putting that link up, Mitchell, I appreciate it.

iatemygoat

i wear a size 8 and a half. i use longborads for the extra leverage and speed. after watching my newest video i hadnt realized just how much of the heel part of the pedal im using. my foot is almost falling off!!!

this may be a bad thing?

Mitchell?

Triple77":2akle9t0 said:
That hi-hat stand looks slick. I think I'll stick with my Pearl hardware for quite some time though; wearing thin-soled, grippy shoes (PF Flyers in this case) helps keep my feet in position..

If I ever wear this stuff out I'll check into Axis. Thanks for putting that link up, Mitchell, I appreciate it.
I always use my internet ninja powers to do good. Which usually entails finding links for people. Do I get a medal for that? :)