Longboard players? gotta ? 4 ya

Piddywiffle

Im looken to buy Axis longboards and I think Ive settled on this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=446357

HOWEVER: What I wanna know is how they feel when pulled apart and used as singles. At the moment I gotta 5-piece set and am looken to upgrade to an 8. So I'll need 2 pedals of good quality. Says in the "features" section that I can take the shaft off and move the spring and beater over to the 2nd pedal. Dunno... if any of you have done this then lemme know how it feels. If It's bad I might just buy 2 of the singles.

Thanks a bunch

m

It's the exact same pedal- the doubles are just 2 singles hooked together.
I've taken mine apart before, there's no real difference.

2 single X's would be cheaper, but you need a double for now, till you get another bass drum, am I reading that right?

Piddywiffle

m":kuwxzfmr said:
It's the exact same pedal- the doubles are just 2 singles hooked together.
I've taken mine apart before, there's no real difference.

2 single X's would be cheaper, but you need a double for now, till you get another bass drum, am I reading that right?
Yup, thats right... Only got 1 bass at the moment, but will be upgrading within the next months time =D I'm very excited.

But even w/ the upgrade I'll still move the axis pedals back and forth to my practice pads. So having the shaft between the 2 pedals will always be a welcome addition.

But thanks this is what I wanted to know. :D

Jaki

Buy 2 single longboards and a double lol.... its better to have that then wasting time connecting a shaft all the time if u want to use it on single kick drum kits.

Also, if your playing gigs. There is always a chance you might have to use a double pedal...

( I don't play any gigs if my kit isnt used... obviously no 1 else is allowed to use it so i dont have to worry about singles or doubles.. )

Piddywiffle

Jaki":ui3mjjp8 said:
Buy 2 single longboards and a double lol.... its better to have that then wasting time connecting a shaft all the time if u want to use it on single kick drum kits.

:shock: Jesus... I'de about have to win the lottery for that.

Seriously tho, I have an iron cobra... But ma' feets is so big that heel-toe is just... well painful. And honestly, with all the work that accompanies drums (gigs moven all that junk, setten it up again at home, taken it down and moven' it across 3 states) I figure that a simple procedure such as moven a beater and connecting a shaft will be a cake walk... hell to save time I guess I could just buy an extra beater head and attach it to the slave when I go to take em apart. Tha'd make it easier... BUT! I pride myself of not being horridly lazy.... (This commen' from me as I sit on the couch eaten pizza and typen' in responses on a forum. And honestly I'm not sure if any of my responses make any sence... Cause you know... blah blah blah)

zen_drummer

The Trick Pro 1V Bigfoot can change from Double to two singles and BACK in less than a minute using ONLY a drum key. The Axis is a bit trickier to change over, but it's still pretty easy.

Piddywiffle

zen_drummer":3cdfzwcp said:
The Trick Pro 1V Bigfoot can change from Double to two singles and BACK in less than a minute using ONLY a drum key. The Axis is a bit trickier to change over, but it's still pretty easy.
Wow, those trick pros look just unbelievable! But 700 bucks for some pedals is a bit outta my range atm... *sigh* :(