Locking Frenzie?

46&2

whats up with the all the locking on these threads?..kinda weird...does everyone post with the least bit of negativity have to get locked?

Cheerful-Bear

My thread got locked and I was just joking around :roll: . I LOVE SALUDA, PEOPLE!!!! I was just messin' y'all don't have to go and lock it.

Yeah seriously that was wierd. One of them wasnt even offensive. But I think that day the Mods were having problems with people going to this section and causing trouble. I know one person at least got banned until further notice.

Tazdrummer

I love Cheese and drums":oy24tr2g said:
Yeah seriously that was wierd. One of them wasnt even offensive. But I think that day the Mods were having problems with people going to this section and causing trouble. I know one person at least got banned until further notice.
That person had tried stirring up shit before so this isn't his first time offense, the guy has some history.

stump

Cheerful-Bear":mv95qzsd said:
My thread got locked and I was just joking around :roll: . I LOVE SALUDA, PEOPLE!!!! I was just messin' y'all don't have to go and lock it.
Your thread is unlocked. It was locked because of a bad seed trying to start a fight, which he has done before. He has been banned by Greg until further. Please enjoy the forum and don't feel like the Mod's lock threads for no reason. We are here to keep things running smooth, pass on knowledge and have some fun. Peace on ya!

Cheerful-Bear

I'm actually talking about the one mislabeled Leak on Secret Series. I was just messing around y'all don't have to lock that. I support Saluda fully.

screamkevin

That's why it was locked. It's fun to post nonsensical stuff, but remember, this site costs Greg money, and every MB of info that we type in here is more $$$ out of his pocket. We're not trying to crush the fun out of this site, but we do need to not post random stuff like that. :wink:

46&2

lol...are u telling me that everything we post costs some 1 money?....its words on a computer screen...if thats the case then the off topic section should be closed.

SGarrett

screamkevin":368pxksz said:
That's why it was locked. It's fun to post nonsensical stuff, but remember, this site costs Greg money, and every MB of info that we type in here is more $$$ out of his pocket. We're not trying to crush the fun out of this site, but we do need to not post random stuff like that. :wink:
Power abuse!!!!!!

:p

46&2":368pxksz said:
lol...are u telling me that everything we post costs some 1 money?....its words on a computer screen...if thats the case then the off topic section should be closed.
Do you know what a server is? They aren't free to buy, own, or run. :)

Seriously, talk about drums and things that aren't nonsensical. Posting a topic that's akin to "hey guys, I just farted in my cereal!" is nonsensical and a waste of both space and bandwidth.

This isn't a playground guys, don't make us have to babysit you and we won't.

SGarrett

I justed wanted to add one more thing. Dissenting opinions are good. If you guys have problems, please continue to voice your opinions. :)

Tazdrummer

Drumosaurus":3glx4s3m said:
was Sollars the guy who got banned?
No, that would be michiganice or something like that.

The dude who had a HUGE Paiste pic in his sig and thought that there was only two cymbal companies out there, Paiste and everyone else who were nowhere near as good as Paiste.

sollars

Well it seems like the drama continues. What ever happened to free speech? This site has allot of drama on it. I do realize the importance of locking particular threads but maybe it goes too far at times. I don’t know if my reply will be locked but it’s just an opinion about this site.

Timekeep69

Sollars, you're reply won't get locked. Every board has a little drama, there's nothing wrong with that but when it gets just plain stupid is when things start to get locked. Michiganice91 got banned because he would specifically post in the Saluda section slamming Saluda and Saluda users. That's not drama, that's stupidity.

Sollars, some of your threads got locked because your first 6 posts on this board were spam. Trust me, with 2 Saluda endorsers as mods and a number of Saluda users as members, no one has a problem with you coming and talking up Saluda cymbals but that's not what you were doing, you were spamming. When we talk about Saluda cymbals, we refer new customers to Jamie, you were trying to direct the sales to yourself.

And yes, the board does cost money to run, the more activity on a board, the more server space and bandwidth is used and bandwidth costs money. Joking around is cool but starting useless threads isn't and they will be locked.

Just my $.02

SGarrett

Timekeep69":1seae29v said:
Sollars, you're reply won't get locked. Every board has a little drama, there's nothing wrong with that but when it gets just plain stupid is when things start to get locked. Michiganice91 got banned because he would specifically post in the Saluda section slamming Saluda and Saluda users. That's not drama, that's stupidity.

Sollars, some of your threads got locked because your first 6 posts on this board were spam. Trust me, with 2 Saluda endorsers as mods and a number of Saluda users as members, no one has a problem with you coming and talking up Saluda cymbals but that's not what you were doing, you were spamming. When we talk about Saluda cymbals, we refer new customers to Jamie, you were trying to direct the sales to yourself.

And yes, the board does cost money to run, the more activity on a board, the more server space and bandwidth is used and bandwidth costs money. Joking around is cool but starting useless threads isn't and they will be locked.

Just my $.02
I feel exactly the same way.