Loaning out cymbals

Brother_Bong

Well, I woke up this morning and loaned out about $2500.00 dollars worth of cymbals so my business partner could use them in the studio. I trust the guy entirely, and it's pretty cool that my gear is being recorded for an international release, but I can't help feeling a little uneasy. Would anyone else do this?

DrumFiend0206

Bong":2eyfflnw said:
Well, I woke up this morning and loaned out about $2500.00 dollars worth of cymbals so my business partner could use them in the studio. I trust the guy entirely, and it's pretty cool that my gear is being recorded for an international release, but I can't help feeling a little uneasy. Would anyone else do this?
If I trust the guy, yeah, I'd do it. I've let my friend use my double pedal before, not anything like $2500 of cymbals, but still. He broke his, and had to play a show that was a couple hours away, and I trust him, so I told him he could borrow it.

I figure as long as you trust the guy, then I wouldn't worry about it. You'll still be a little uneasy, lol, but try not to worry about it man.

rufus4dagruv

For my business partner, I would in a heartbeat, and he's not even a drummer! Seriously though, if it was someone I knew well and was familiar with their playing, totally. Of course, a metal drummer is probably not going to ask to borrow many of my cymbals for a studio recording because my cymbals would probably not work well in that situation.

GiveItAll

Bong":3olqw0ug said:
well as long as you know the dude and trust him you'll be alright

i once let another bands drummer use my set during a show to cut off with setup time, i didnt know the guy and i will never do this again, he cracked one of my cymbals and made a huge dent in of my tom heads. the asshole said they were like that when he sat down so he didnt owe me anything i was ready to throw down lol i was so pissed

SmellsLikeIan

For our CD the producer rented a bunch of different cymbals so we could mix and match and see what worked best....We didn't get to do as much of that as I would have liked, though...

SGarrett

Bong":qc0y3csu said:
I'd keep it business and make them sign a contract stating "you break, you buy!"

I avoid that though by not letting anyone use my cymbals. Hell, I'm picky about who I let borrow CDs. :D

screamkevin

Studio work wouldn't be so bad, I'd be down with that. But live? No way. Not unless, as SG said, there's a contract in place that calls for reimbursement due to any damage caused.

stump

I would also let a bud use my stuff but as I learned early....get insurance! Peace on ya!