Kit's with Gold fittings and chrome stands!!!!

Steaky

It just my point of view, but although I like kit's with gold fittings, I've always found it looks rather odd when paired with normal chrome stands(other than Yammy Maple Customs for some reason). Do you agree or disagree?
On a similar tilt, a friend of mine has a Satin Red DW kit with Black fittings with matching black stands and it looks just simply amazing.

johnisonfire

I agree, it does look a little "off." not necessarily bad, but it does conflict a little bit. I've also noticed, the less toms with the non-chrome hardware there are, the more they clash. It's like all the chrome from the stands overpowers it.

The way I see it, I'd rather spend the money it would take to get black stands, on more black lugs and shells to add on my set haha.

Assback

come to think of it i barely noticed cymbal stands at all. i never even noticed that before.

usually when i see a set with gold fittings it distracts me from the surrounding equip (as long as its matched well with the finish)

SGarrett

I agree completely. A snare drum with gold or black hardware is one thing, but an entire kit does look like a little off.

Steaky

It's just something I have noticed over the last decade or so since companies have been offering these options on kit's.

Asdex

I don't really care about how the drum looks, it's more to 'your skill' and how you make the drum sounds...

Potatoe Snack

i got some brass lugs to replace my old ones and they probably clash with my stands, tom holders, floor tom legs, etc but i haven't really noticed. i changed the hoops to black ones and the brass on black looks really nice

Empyrean Drums

I think antique/oil rubbed bronze appointments would look sweet. I know I always say form follows function, but I can still appreciate a fine finish.

Steaky

Empyrean Drums":24j0lpkd said:
I think antique/oil rubbed bronze appointments would look sweet. I know I always say form follows function, but I can still appreciate a fine finish.
I like your use of the word "appointments".

I dig players who use "orphan" kits. it somehow shows a higher degree of taste, I've noticed Jazz players leaning towards that principal of collecting drums that suit the musical needs above the asthetic. That I'm not questioning. I've collated all sorts of configs in the studio for instance to amalgamate from many kit's for the "perfect" sound for a track. I think you guy's know were Im coming from.

I dig kits with black hardware.
I play a Pearl EX 6 piece, wine/blood red finish with black hoops and lugs, and black tom mounts and floor tom legs. I think it looks good.

Besides, I use a black Pearl DR80 drum rack, so I guess it doesn't really clash even with chrome boom arms.

I do want to get an ICON rack, but I have no idea if they make them in black. If they don't, well, I'll just paint it or something. Powdercoat, if it's not too expensive.