kit i just finished building

jnewlon_drum

DrumsPlus":3fq0blla said:
Looks good. I like the contrast from the shell to hoop color.
yeah i agree with this guy....its really nice i love drumsets with finishes on them that let u see the wood grain......its really sexy...good job!! :D

black... purchased from ikea, of all places.

$2.99 for a can big enough to do two three piece kits.

they also make red, orange, green, blue, natural and yellow. it works really well and man... you just can't beat the price.

xdoseonex

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":341tv7po said:

they also make red, orange, green, blue, natural and yellow. it works really well and man... you just can't beat the price.
I'd be pissed if i tried to stan a kit black and t came out looking like that. Its a beautifull set and a great color. But it aint black

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":1ba8dkhx said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":1ba8dkhx said:

I'd be pissed if i tried to stan a kit black and t came out looking like that. Its a beautifull set and a great color. But it aint black
Yeah, that's why I asked. It may just be the camera but it looks brown.

xdoseonex":3baksr9b said:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":3baksr9b said:

the pictures themselves aren't the best. i got stuck using my cheap ass sony digital camera. they definitely are quite a bit darker in person. we stopped one coat shy of being "true" black because the buyer liked the amount of wood grain showing through and was worried a lot of that would be lost if we went much darker.

if you're sitting in the same room as the drums, they definitely do look black though...