Kick Pedals

dbkman

For just single kick, what's you guys' favorite pedal? I have a Flying Dragon, but even for single, its still my favorite. Smooth action, lots of attack, durable and great response.

rufus4dagruv

My favorite is my old Camco. It's like an old baseball glove. It just feels right. Ironically, I don't play out with it anymore. I currently use an Eliminator. I owned and used a longboard, dw9000, IC, and a Flying Dragon double chain (actually, it was the series that was out just before the current FG) and they are all good pedals. The Elims are doing me fine for now. I'm not going to sell them...yet.

SGarrett

I've been using a DW5000 for the last five or so years. Aside from a 9000 the only other pedal my feet really like is the Eliminator with the red cam.

Hack_and_Slash

I like the eliminators the most so far. I still need to sit down with an axis and really take the time to mess with it. Same with DW9000. I always found the DW pedals extremely heavy though.

GeorgeDemise

I have a dw9000, love it. Wasn't too fond of iron cobras, never tried axis although I'd like to. Really wana try the trick too, and drumnetics, they look mad!

kplante069

I've been playing a Camco for as long as I've owned a drum set. I've never had a need to change other than recently when I picked up a Camco double pedal for a little change.

Airborne Ranger

The only pedal I've ever used, the Ludwig Speed King. I own three of them and I still have my first one that my parents bought me used in 1979 and it still works great. There are a lot more adjustable (and expensive) pedals on the market, but I love my Speed King. There's a reason it's been around for half a century, it just works.

nickg

dbkman":8qsvr0t3 said:
For just single kick, what's you guys' favorite pedal? I have a Flying Dragon, but even for single, its still my favorite. Smooth action, lots of attack, durable and great response.
i've used a lot of pedals over the years. from old Speed Kings and Swiv-o-Matics up to Axis. but my Flying Dragon is the best pedal i've ever owned and played. smooth, fast, quiet and stable. :wink:

Howepirate

dbkman":1h79nml4 said:
only the best! i love the dragons
Really? Well, I don't see many people using them...

I personally use Axis Xl-2's and I doubt I could get anything better fit for me.

invision

Howepirate":1da78ul7 said:
dbkman":1da78ul7 said:

I personally use Axis Xl-2's and I doubt I could get anything better fit for me.
why be such a prude about it though???? let the man like what he like using, in the end its all the same result.....making music, remember that.

Howepirate

invision":2taa6pga said:
Howepirate":2taa6pga said:
dbkman":2taa6pga said:

why be such a prude about it though???? let the man like what he like using, in the end its all the same result.....making music, remember that.
More than anything, I said it that way to become informed of those who use the Flying Dragons. I know...Gadd uses them...I think... but that's it.

I didn't mean to be prude haha and I suppose if I played any other genre I wouldn't really use an Axis pedal.

drumur

I think Weckl uses them
I think John Robinson uses them.

Anyway... I used to play pretty good with a Swiv-o-Matic. LOL
I liked the Camco.

Right now I play Pearl eliminator power shifter and a DW 5000

bapudi

Howepirate":366tc8r7 said:
invision":366tc8r7 said:
Howepirate":366tc8r7 said:
dbkman":366tc8r7 said:

More than anything, I said it that way to become informed of those who use the Flying Dragons. I know...Gadd uses them...I think... but that's it.

I didn't mean to be prude haha and I suppose if I played any other genre I wouldn't really use an Axis pedal.
i use an axis and i play music that is blues and rock based.

i love it cuz i can control every aspect of my kick and get the same sound out of it every time. changes and belts dont hit the same.

i wanna try that magnet deal that loooks like sumthing amazing and if you turn it into an electromagnet it could just get nuts there