kick drum triggers

m

metalhead94":m89zxxlv said:
thanks dude! iv seen some online and some say rd shot and some dont. what's the difference.
Pro version has metal casing and XLR cable connector (you'll need a special cable that goes from XLR out to 1/4")
RedShot model doesn't have those features.

Roland also makes a great bass trigger.

Both are usually available at a local Guitar Center-type store, or online from many vendors like Musician's Friend.
Or you could always eBay 'em.

metalhead94

iv never used triggers but im guessing this is how it works, you put the trigger on the drum and a cable runs from it to the a module (like on electronic kits) and you just choose the setting on the module and whem you hit the drum, it has the sound of the setting. am i right?

m

if you want them to. I have on several occasions used only the trigger at large venues, with no bass mic.

metalhead94

do they have some triggers that would pick up different dynamics so as not to "cheat"? the only reason im interested in them is because iv heard it can be very difficult to tune 2 bass drums at exactly the same pitch and get the same amount of click and attack.

m

the ddrums and Rolands can pick up a wide range of dynamics- but it's really your module settings that are going to make the biggest difference there. It's all in how you set the parameters in the module.

Howepirate

metalhead94":2kbj5fzz said:
k. whats a decent, affordable module?
Yamaha Dtxpress! Though discontinued, they tend to float around on ebay. I got mine for about 130 bux shipped and it works awesome.

skitch

metalhead94":1mo2q9zs said:
k. whats a decent, affordable module?
Alesis DM5 or a DM Pro are going to be your best bet. If you can find one, the Ddrum modules are fantastic - like a Ddrum 4.

Fleabear

I have the top of the line DDrum triggers. They work great....the bass drum trigger is great.....no problems with it at all. The Alesis DM5 is a great brain/module...but it goes for about $350. It's worth it...but there are very good quality ones at much lower prices.

xdoseonex

Alesis DM5 and ddrum triggers. unless yu have axis pedals then your lucky eoughto be able to use theyre superior triggers

mikeRFEdrummer

i just got a pair of brand new roland kick triggers and they are PERFECT, no misfires or anything if u want i can link you to them, they are about 90 bucks a trigger...but very much worth it, i wenr from using the ddrum triggers to the roland ones and the roland is by far better