kich drum pedal and 'surf wax'

necropedo

Follow the Wikipedia.com:
Jon Theodore plays on:
"Pearl Eliminator single kick pedal (with surf wax; he plays with bare feet)[...]"

My question is: What is this 'surf wax'?

Rob the Drummer

Surf wax is stuff they put on surfboards and even skateboards to make them slide on either the water or a rail. It's also called Sex wax. I imagine he likes a smooth slippery board...I don't, I like to have some grip. Of course, some waxes make grip better, so maybe without water the wax provides grip? Good question.

Lancelot Frosty

It makes more grip.
Some people do the same thing with their hands when they hold their sticks.
Oh, and... Jon Theodore and the rest of the Volta guys are incredible! XD

AmnestysLowEnd

Rob the Drummer":bsd0tia8 said:
Surf wax is stuff they put on surfboards and even skateboards to make them slide on either the water or a rail. It's also called Sex wax. I imagine he likes a smooth slippery board...I don't, I like to have some grip. Of course, some waxes make grip better, so maybe without water the wax provides grip? Good question.
Wrong its to make traction its not used on skateboards. Believe me I do both. What you are thinking of is Ski Wax!!
BTW sex wax is a brand.

xdoseonex

skate wax is different than surf wax,
skate waxed is used to wax curbs and ledges so you can do grinds, noseslides tailslides, etc.
ski wax is put on the bottom if skis to help them glide over the snow.
surf wax is put on the top of the surfboard to give the rider better traction
surf wax is tacky, ski and skate wax are slick

AmnestysLowEnd

xdoseonex":2meqg7i5 said:
skate wax is different than surf wax,
skate waxed is used to wax curbs and ledges so you can do grinds, noseslides tailslides, etc.
ski wax is put on the bottom if skis to help them glide over the snow.
surf wax is put on the top of the surfboard to give the rider better traction
surf wax is tacky, ski and skate wax are slick
Hit it right on

BillRayDrums

Ewwww that's gonna get icky.

I personally like using the sputum from a pregnant yak (hey San Diego Zoo's running a special on the stuff...must be yak breeding season)....at least it doesn't leave a waxy residue.

Lancelot Frosty

BillRayDrums":12qjxwnl said:

I personally like using the sputum from a pregnant yak (hey San Diego Zoo's running a special on the stuff...must be yak breeding season)....at least it doesn't leave a waxy residue.
I just looked up sputum.
Kinda made me cringe...
Just me, though.

Potatoe Snack

BillRayDrums":3ilssnb1 said:

i dont know what sputum is, but i still thought it was funny.

dwtoast72

BillRayDrums":o3xblnp3 said:

friggin old people and their weird vocab!!!! (lol) didn't need that image painted in my mind!!

.......geez.........a YAK!!!!