Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot died.

Timekeep69

Report: Quiet Riot lead singer found dead :

Kevin Dubrow found in Vegas home; band rose to fame in early 1980s

The celebrity Web site TMZ.com was reporting Monday that Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the ’80s metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

The 52-year-old was reportedly found Sunday by a neighbor and TMZ says the Clark County Coroner was trying to determine a cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted a message on his Web site which read: “I can’t even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin Dubrow.”

Quiet Riot’s 1983 single “Cum on Feel the Noize” was the first heavy metal song to make Billboard’s pop chart and helped carry the album “Metal Health” to the top of the Billboard pop album charts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21978302/?GT1=10547

Brother_Bong

PJ, you saved me some typing, I was gonna post the same thing. One of the stations I listen to does "Mullet-Menu , and they were playing "Cum on feel the Noize" and I was thinking about seeing Kevin Dubrow on VH1 this weekend, and then they announced his death, freaky. :cry:

DrumFiend0206

I'm sorry if I seem insensitive or anything, but thousands upon thousands of people die a day. Just because he was in a band, we're supposed to mourn his passing, and not everyone elses?

It sucks that he died, yeah. It's a shame when anyone dies, but I honestly don't realize the difference between him, and the 100 people that could've died worldwide in the time it takes to read this. Death is prevalent everywhere.

Once again, sorry if I seem like a jerk, or an asshole, but that's just my opinion. If you knew him personally then my thoughts go out to you, but otherwise I won't mourn him any more than he would mourn your death, or the deaths of the people that die every day.

cableman26

DrumFiend0206":s6mnj3ne said:
I'm sorry if I seem insensitive or anything, but thousands upon thousands of people die a day. Just because he was in a band, we're supposed to mourn his passing, and not everyone elses?

It sucks that he died, yeah. It's a shame when anyone dies, but I honestly don't realize the difference between him, and the 100 people that could've died worldwide in the time it takes to read this. Death is prevalent everywhere.

Once again, sorry if I seem like a jerk, or an asshole, but that's just my opinion. If you knew him personally then my thoughts go out to you, but otherwise I won't mourn him any more than he would mourn your death, or the deaths of the people that die every day.
I see what your saying, but this is someone we've all seen and heard over the years. We play music because of guys like this that inspire us. I've never been the biggest Quiet Riot fan but someone is, and they're sad about this news. People that we don't know or never heard of does not have the impact on the number of people this does. Like I say though, we should mourn the loss of alot more people especially our soldiers.

Timekeep69

You can't possibly mourn EVERY person who dies every day. You pick and choose who you mourn, typically you mourn people who have affected your life in some way.

Don't talk to me about mourning our military. I'm a vet, I probably think about our fallen military more than you.

DrumFiend0206

Timekeep69":1sj56ymj said:
You can't possibly mourn EVERY person who dies every day. You pick and choose who you mourn, typically you mourn people who have affected your life in some way.

Don't talk to me about mourning our military. I'm a vet, I probably think about our fallen military more than you.

I'm not saying that you have to mourn EVERYONE who passes away, and I get what you're saying cableman.

All I was saying is, people say that they're sad over musicians passing, when they never even listen to the music, or know who they are. That doesn't make sense to me. Mourn for those you know.

If my favorite drummer died, yeah, I'd be sad, but I wouldn't mourn any more than he would over my death.

And I actually do mourn for the military. I've lost 3 family members, and 2 friends who were like family members.

Timekeep69

DrumFiend0206":1ufp4ea3 said:
Timekeep69":1ufp4ea3 said:

I'm not saying that you have to mourn EVERYONE who passes away, and I get what you're saying cableman.

All I was saying is, people say that they're sad over musicians passing, when they never even listen to the music, or know who they are. That doesn't make sense to me. Mourn for those you know.

If my favorite drummer died, yeah, I'd be sad, but I wouldn't mourn any more than he would over my death.

And I actually do mourn for the military. I've lost 3 family members, and 2 friends who were like family members.
I'm sorry for your loss, I lost a childhood friend in the first Gulf War which I am a vet of.

DrumFiend0206

Timekeep69":33qz0qwa said:
DrumFiend0206":33qz0qwa said:
Timekeep69":33qz0qwa said:

I'm sorry for your loss, I lost a childhood friend in the first Gulf War which I am a vet of.
That had to have been really hard man, I'm really sorry for your loss. That's the kind of thing you don't really get over, so my thoughts are with ya man.

stump

Wow! The loss of someone who has had an impact in your life, be it big or small, is a bad time. I have lost friends and family to war, cancer, car wrecks and other things that sometimes don't make since. Life goes on until it's our time to check out. Quiet Riot played a part in my musical up-bringing being a child of the 80's. Am I going to "mourn" KD's death....no. Will I say a prayer for a fallen Brother ...Yes. He made an impact in my life, though it may be small, an impact none the less. Give a fellow musician a little respect and know that he was doing what we as musicians love....giving the world some tunes to have fun with. I'm sure that KD is going to be taking his last ride in a Slick Black Cadillac! Some will know what I mean. Peace on ya!

cableman26

Timekeep69":3v9njj6v said:

Yea, I gottcha man I didn't mean any disrespect. I was just talking about America in general.

Rockula!

Maybe it was all the coccaine that he did
If it was up to me, I'd rather have DuBrow's life than some average Joe that never saw anything
Yeah, he was a loudmouth asshole
yeah, his band only put out one decent album
I'd trade being a hasbeen for a never-hasbeen every time

TheYardstick

Rockula!":3kzilp0a said:
Maybe it was all the coccaine that he did
If it was up to me, I'd rather have DuBrow's life than some average Joe that never saw anything
Yeah, he was a loudmouth asshole
yeah, his band only put out one decent album
I'd trade being a hasbeen for a never-hasbeen every time
Don't forget that Quiet Riot was one of the reasons Randy Rhoads came to be.