Keller and Starclassic Maple shells ?

dave lynch

What is the difference between Tama Starclassic Maple shells and Keller maple shells ? I do know that my Starclassic Maples sing..!! Note: my Starclassics are like 3 yrs years old and if I'm right they're 9 ply !!!

mattcore

Well you see... God himself comes down from the heavens and blesses each and every Tama Starclassic shell therefore making them the best. Well thats what i heard anyway

SGarrett

Keller shells are mass produced maple shells. Tama makes their own shells as they need them. Ever wait a year for a freaking add-on tom? I had too many customers who waited six or more months to get a new Starclassic drum from Japan. I assume they're also manufactured differently.

rufus4dagruv

mattcore":21k9644p said:
Well you see... God himself comes down from the heavens and blesses each and every Tama Starclassic shell therefore making them the best. Well thats what i heard anyway
Priceless! :lol:

Rob Crisp

mattcore":2st2yd9r said:
HAHA!

Same for the Birch ones! :D

Rob Crisp

SGarrett":3w53aat8 said:
Keller shells are mass produced maple shells. Tama makes their own shells as they need them. Ever wait a year for a freaking add-on tom? I had too many customers who waited six or more months to get a new Starclassic drum from Japan. I assume they're also manufactured differently.
Although I have birch bubinga shells, I had to wait easy six months for my 16" floor. Was sooo worth it though.

dave lynch

Rob Crisp":n0ipgih4 said:
SGarrett":n0ipgih4 said:
Although I have birch bubinga shells, I had to wait easy six months for my 16" floor. Was sooo worth it though.
I guess I got lucky cuz I 1st added my 16" and it only took like 6 weeks and then later an 8" and it only took I think 4weeks..They also have a 2 tone finish..!!

JAdrums2k

Tama has their own method for assembling their shells & I'm pretty sure that there is a slight difference in the grade of maple they use, which adds to the price

SGarrett

dave lynch":38lnb1sg said:
Rob Crisp":38lnb1sg said:
SGarrett":38lnb1sg said:
I guess I got lucky cuz I 1st added my 16" and it only took like 6 weeks and then later an 8" and it only took I think 4weeks..They also have a 2 tone finish..!!
They probably already had some of them sitting around in their warehouse.