just won some used sabians off ebay(AA, AAx, AAx Metal)

sefalik

They seem like they've really taken a beating... the crashes are all cracked (according to the description, I couldn't see all the cracks in the pictures), two of them were cut down likely due to being cracked before, the 18" AAX has a chunk out of it, and that ride has some nasty keyholing.

But for $120, I'd say it's a good deal since they all seem to be in working condition.

Potatoe Snack

sefalik":1hzp8126 said:
They seem like they've really taken a beating... the crashes are all cracked (according to the description, I couldn't see all the cracks in the pictures), two of them were cut down likely due to being cracked before, the 18" AAX has a chunk out of it, and that ride has some nasty keyholing.

But for $120, I'd say it's a good deal since they all seem to be in working condition.
i thought 120 was good till I added the 45 for shipping...

i wouldn't do it personally but they should make for good practice cymbals. dont think they'd last long out playing shows.

I learned my lesson the hard way, buying cymbals off of Ebay.
I bought a 17" Paiste Signature series crash. Paid $65 for it. Had a 1 inch, hairline crack towards the center. Couldn't even see it unless you put your eyeballs right up to it. Figured since it was so small, and so thin, it wouldn't go anywhere, and the dude said that he had been playing on it for a long time and the crack never spread.
I played that thing for maybe a year, and the crack spread tremendously, half way around the cymbal, very large, and definetly not hairline!
That cymbal is now a clock on my wall.

The moral of the story? Be careful what you buy on Ebay and really check it out.
And don't buy cracked cymbals on Ebay either, no matter how tiny the crack is.

dbkman

im sure some of them USED to sound good, but with those splits man...ooof. for a few they looked like good deals, I LOVE AAX and AAs, you'll love those, but the cracked ones ide dodge.