just needed to vent about my band

iatemygoat

WARNING: possible whining may commence. im just gonna rant. dont read if you dont want to.

members of the band and their problems, well problems i have with them.

Ryan - pretty much my best friend and dont really have any qualms with him other than the occasional things outside of the band.

he's terrible at teaching though. how the other guys learn his riffs are beyond me.

Burke - kinda sucks at guitar. haha. i just dont know.

ok now here comes my number one problem member.

DAVE!!! - for some reason we havent practiced together in about a week. dave pays bass and pretty much sucks at it. and eres why. during this whole week his bass has stayed at the space and staye in the exact same position. he DOES NOT practice outside of rehersal.

second, he once again did not pay rent resulting in a late fee. i am sick and tired of constantly having to remins people of rent. is it really that hard?!?! how the hell are you gonna live when ur out of your fuc*ing parents house??! GET IT TOGETHER!!!

Jim - our new singer. has a terrible attitude sometimes. he cut our set short at our last show resulting in a 20 minute set. i was extremely pissed. he also gets angry with us for booking shows with bands that he does not like. Jim also did not pay rent last month making the late fee even larger. he just got fired from one of his jobs and im guessing he only makes 6 bux or so at his oter one cuz he said almost all of his paychecks go towards gas which is bullshit because he just bought his girlfriend a pair of 120 dollar earings.

i feel like im the only one doing anything in this band. i book the shows, i run the myspace, i run the email, i call everyone for practice(my biggest pet peeve is that we do not have a practice schedule) im the only one with somewhat pro gear and when i spend money its almost always on something for my drums.

i guess this is what you get with a band full of 19 year olds.

drummert2k

sounds like you're pretty much the glue that holds the band together. i'd recommend taking the guitarist who is your friend and you can get along with and finding a new singer and bassist (maybe even someone who does both) but i've been in my share of bands with problem members and i can tell you this....

no matter how many times you sit them down and tell them whats on your mind it doesnt do any good. it might mask the problem for a month or so but their bad habits will soon return. and since you're the one who has to cover everyone, wouldnt it be a relief to find people who actually do their part and everyone works together? theres plenty of musicians out there who have great attitudes and just sit at their house playing on their own because they dont wanna deal with crappy members. they're hard to find, but they're out there.

killdrum1983

drummer912":3s48pma4 said:
wow, tht sucks. but at least u got a band lol. good luck
yeah in these situations it's better not to have one maybe. Like having no girlfriend is better than dating anybody... ;)

Rockula!

Drummers are a commodity
I have been scanning the Mpls musicians classifieds
There's not much for me out there (being so damn picky) but a decent drummer can pretty much pick and choose
Remember the last band you were in?
Didn't you think that it may be "the one"?
Bands are like girlfriends
You go through a lot of them before you find the one you wanna marry (or, at least stick with for a long time)

iatemygoat

Rockula!":3c4k69gw said:
Drummers are a commodity
There's not much for me out there (being so damn picky) but a decent drummer can pretty much pick and choose
You go through a lot of them before you find the one you wanna marry (or, at least stick with for a long time)
The only reason ithought my last band was gonna make it was because our vocalist kept shoving it down our throats. then i realized, hey, numetal died a long time ago.

killdrum1983

Rockula!":s66e29qm said:
Drummers are a commodity

I agree bands are like girlfriends or like relationships between a girl and a guy. As complex lol. Problems can come from committment or uncommittment (sorry for my english dudes) or even from strong personalities....

I've had problems also with our new singer. He's excellent sings really nice and is really motivated as hell. But we argued really bad at a few practise and that went really bad. The worse thing is that we love each other ("not like faggots" as he says). But our personalities in terms of writing weren't just at the same level... it is solved now... well i hope so^^

But this thought came to me i was like : "shit do i have to shut up because i don't like that part i think it sucks and the others don't?" The answer is no. You should never shut up and should keep going with what you feel. In french we say "mettre de l'eau dans son vin" which means to pour some water into your wine, and that's about it i think in a relationship you sometimes have to pour some water into your wine too...

There's no magical recipe it's relationship between human beings it sucks sometimes cause you would like to find the answer but just can't...

stump

Band = Family! Family= Drama! Family consists of the responsible one (gives a crap), the lazy one (doesn't give a crap), the workaholic (speaks for it's self), the sometimes alcoholic (WELL), the cry baby (constantly pisses and moans) and the bread winner (the one who has a steady job). When put all together what do you get?? A band! If you find a band that doesn't have drama...man please let me know! It's good to vent though and I wish you luck Bro! Peace on ya!

iatemygoat

UPDATE!!!!

at our last practice Dave the bassist told us all that he was not motivated enough the play bass anymore. he wants to try out on vocals and heve 2 vocalists for a bit. we are convinced this will not work so us kicking him out is going to naturally run its course without hard feelings!!!

we already have found a bass player to fill his shoes. awsome dude, quick learner, and we all took to him emediately.

also on a side not we just recorded vocals with our new singer and its up on myspace. check it out and tell me what you think!

www.myspace.com/burythehatchetmn