just got back from first tour on BASS instead of DRUMS

rundylanrunn

i dunno if any of you remember but i recently switched from drums to bass, and then we left on tour. here's some pics!

i miss drums but there's a whole different dynamic to bass that is fun and i get to sing alot more. i couldn't wait to get home so i could drum though.

rundylanrunn

thanks!

our clothing companies don't really care as long as we're wearing their shirts onstage. and when our new drummer joined we gained endorsements by shine and peavy, so that's pretty cool too!

Brother_Bong

rundylanrunn":2y0dpzqj said:
thanks!

our clothing companies don't really care as long as we're wearing their shirts onstage. and when our new drummer joined we gained endorsements by shine and peavy, so that's pretty cool too!
Oh, cool. I thought you personally had some drum endorsements.

ChrisNichols

Glad you're enjoying it! And them's some nice axes you've got there.

But quick bass guitar tip: try not to let your thumb rest on the top of the neck, and especially don't hang it over the top. I used to play like that but a big pro bassist gave me a heads up on it the other day. You should keep your thumb on the back of the neck instead, somewhere around the middle. Not only does it make it easier to move round the fretboard faster, it also helps to prevent tendonitis later on down the road. Plus if your thumb's hanging over there's a chance of it interfering with that top string.

Just a suggestion, but otherwise awesome!

rundylanrunn

yeah i'm definitely still learning in the technique department, thanks for the tips! here's some pictures from tonight.

oh and vanden, we'll have video blogs up every week or so with footage from tour. =]

rundylanrunn

thanks man! that's a really nice compliment, i was concerned about stage presence coming from drums to bass, but jumping around is super fun.

we play pop punk music with some heavier influences.

www.myspace.com/weare37 if you want to listen.

rundylanrunn

=]

i've been playing drums so much since we got back. it was really hard not playing for like 3 weeks and having to watch the new guy unpacking and packing his drums everyday lol.