JUST got a free pair of new beats!

antiunderscores

FREE! you lucky lucky bastard... if u got them off a relative dying im sorry for saying that. I've got a pair of them that are cracking, but i dont think it effects the sound too much, what do u think of them? at first i didnt like them, then i loosened them off and they are growing on me, but still, they are freaking thick and not really feathery or anything...

rundylanrunn

I haven't gotten to play them yet cause we JUST got back from tour so my kit isn't at home yet.

i might bury them to make them sound a little darker, but i want to hear how they sound now before i decide.

antiunderscores

rundylanrunn":5537333e said:
I haven't gotten to play them yet cause we JUST got back from tour so my kit isn't at home yet.

i might bury them to make them sound a little darker, but i want to hear how they sound now before i decide.
im gonna sound like a dumb arse here, but whats bury mean? and i think someones already said this, but encase u didnt get it, ur signature says "Add my band please!" but it doesnt have any links or names which makes that quite difficult

eml

antiunderscores":3qeksnw6 said:
rundylanrunn":3qeksnw6 said:

im gonna sound like a dumb arse here, but whats bury mean? and i think someones already said this, but encase u didnt get it, ur signature says "Add my band please!" but it doesnt have any links or names which makes that quite difficult
Right above "add my band" there's a banner saying both the name and the URL to myspace. :)

Steaky

So what does Bury them mean? Do you mean to dig a hole in the Garden and leave them underground for a month? That's a new one. lol

Brother_Bong

eml":1h6u5g1d said:
antiunderscores":1h6u5g1d said:
rundylanrunn":1h6u5g1d said:

Right above "add my band" there's a banner saying both the name and the URL to myspace. :)
Or click on the www key under his avatar.

rundylanrunn

yeah the banner has the url. it's myspace.com/freeforallband

and i read on some threads a while back about how burying (literally) a cymbal for like a week gives it a totally different sound.

it's something i'd definitely want to read up on a lot before trying anything like it because if i ruined these i'd be pissed.

it was pretty random though, last summer we toured with a band and i reallllly liked their drummers hihats. and every show i tried to get him to sell them to me and he never would. but he called me yesterday and said that the band broke up and he wanted to give them to me!

woo!

Mitchell?

When you bury them, all the dirt and shit dries out your cymbal.

But I think you'll like the New Beats just fine without burying them.

rundylanrunn

you do see pokemon!

and yeah, i figured it would dry it out somewhat. i just don't like when hi hats sound too bright, and i've heard that these are very bright. but the sound clip on musiciansfriend.com, i like. so we'll see.

stump

rundylanrunn":rynqkvtg said:
you do see pokemon!

and yeah, i figured it would dry it out somewhat. i just don't like when hi hats sound too bright, and i've heard that these are very bright. but the sound clip on musiciansfriend.com, i like. so we'll see.
You can hear them live on any of my vids posted. "Brother" has an Excellent hi-hat sound you can hear. P.O.Y!

Mitchell?

Actually I've heard about a lot of people doing this.

I don't know if it made a difference, except some really dirty cymbals, but I know quite a few people have tried it.

rundylanrunn

haha. i probably won't do it anyway.

it's killing me that these cymbals are just laying around and i can't try them out until saturday at our show.

STUPID.

rundylanrunn

we were on tour until wednesday. and we have a show saturday so i'm not going to take all my stuff out, drive to my house, take it all up the stairs, and then do it all backwards on saturday lol.