just found out i can order an add on floortom for my kit

rundylanrunn

i had no idea they made add on drums for the gretsch catalina club mod!

i'm super excited! i'm ordering a 12 x 14 floortom as soon as i possibly can, which will push back me getting a snare made but i want the floortom more. =]

a7xjlee

nice i rearly want a second floor tom but i cant get add ons for my pearl elx becuase its in a limited edition masters laquer/stain and ive never seen one in the same finish so its kinda good and bad

rundylanrunn

thanks a lot rob!!

just an update, about 5 seconds ago i placed the order, so my new floortom will be on it's way hopefully soon. =]=] i can't waittttttttt.

i'm pretty happy with how the gretsch sounds, for the price, IMO, the bass and toms are really something, you can get great sounds out of them. the only 2 things i dislike about the kit are the snare and the quality of some of the kit's hardware. it's not too bad, but it could be better.

kansasdrummer

u know u can get a 10" tom probly. idk if anyone is selling them, but ive seen some on ebay. idk how well it would match, as its from the mini mod and i think they have a different wrap. might be somthing lookin into if u want 2 rack toms.

rundylanrunn

yeah, i saw the add on rack tom, i could get it in my wrap if i wanted one but i don't think i'd use it that much.

good lookin' out though!!

BillRayDrums

I have been inspired lately to break out my second floor tom, which is actually a 11x13 tom, mounted. So essentially I will be 10"12"13"14". Odd sizes but at one point in my drum configurations I had that layout and often reminisce over it. :D