John Kelly appreciation thread

Rockula!

Type-O is a band that I could never play in because I would not have the patience to play so slllllloooowwww
I have had many a drummer criticize them and say it would be easy because it is so slow
That's when I challenge them to put on a CD and play along
That's when they can't seem to stay in time because they wanna rush everything

I have to say that I do not find the drums very interesting
The sum total of the music is what interests me more

As far as smoking a bowl and rocking out, I find that headphones reveal multiple layers that you don't really catch when listening through speakers
Summer Breeze is THE BEST COVER SONG EVER RECORDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone always concentrates on Peter Steel but I tell you the most valuable player in that band has to be Josh Silver, the keyboardist

I have worked at venues where they have played and do not have anything negative (no pun intended) to say about them as people
They were all very nice and personable
Most "rock stars" will be kind to you as long as you are not acting like a fuckass or bothering them when they want a bit of privacy (like when they are eating)

Rockula!

I hear there's a new album coming out in a month or so
Last thing I bought was the DVD
I have no idea why they would put out a show from 1999 but, Type-O has said that they purposely make wrong decisions that seem to work out in the end

Reverend Chainsaw

Rockula!":heirgumf said:
I hear there's a new album coming out in a month or so
Last thing I bought was the DVD
I have no idea why they would put out a show from 1999 but, Type-O has said that they purposely make wrong decisions that seem to work out in the end
I got there dvd. Good stuff. There new album comes out in a few weeks.

Reverend Chainsaw

So, I picked up Type O Negative's new cd "Dead Again" yesterday. This is there best album since October Rust. This is Johnny Kellys best drumming to date. Go get this album!!!

Rockula!

You beat me to it
I spent 77 minutes last night laying in the dark with headphones trying to drink in all of the sonic textures
Looks like they picked up the pace on this one
The only complaint I have so far is that he relies too much on that one up tempo beat
However, I am looking forward to becoming more familiar with this one

Reverend Chainsaw

Rockula!":2heo90ez said:
You beat me to it
I spent 77 minutes last night laying in the dark with headphones trying to drink in all of the sonic textures
Looks like they picked up the pace on this one
The only complaint I have so far is that he relies too much on that one up tempo beat
However, I am looking forward to becoming more familiar with this one
Yeah, the is there best shit since October Rust.
Probably my favorite song is Hail and Farewell to Britain.