Joey's Ahead Sticks

metalhead94

i have them and i they're ok. i like ahead sticks, but that model is lighter on the handle and heavier taper.

dwtoast72

if it ain't wood, I don't play em'..... besides, I read somewhere, that they're actually good for getting cts.... not good at all

dwtoast72":on7xz2c1 said:
if it ain't wood, I don't play em'..... besides, I read somewhere, that they're actually good for getting cts.... not good at all
i didnt ask if u played them im just asking what size to compare them 2

galgano16

if u actually take the stick and compare them side by side with other stix, u'll c tht they r close in size 2 7a's, i kno cuz i hav a pair of both

Alcyon

Hey, I love my Ahead sticks. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean they're bad or he won't like them. And besides, he didn't ask for your opinion on it anyway.

anavrinIV

xdoseonex":2d9h0zlv said:
theyre accually about halfway between a 5a and a 7a
completely off topic but i read something that you were planning on selling a pair of axis double pedals? can you pm me details like model, age, condition, price, etc...? ive been interested for a while in getting some but theres no way i can afford them new.

xdoseonex

im not positive im gonna be selling it, theres abslutely nothing wrong with it, the holes on the drive shaft have been drilled out and reinforced with steel, its an older model, and the rubber things that keep it in place when you attach it to the bass drum are missing

pow3rtr1p

I think they seem to be closest to 5As, but a little bit longer and with a bigger shoulder. I like mine a lot, and I've been looking for a pair of wood sticks to compare, and the closest thing I;ve found are the Dave Weckl Evolution signature sticks. They feel the same, but feel a little on the weak side, like they'd break from one or 2 good rim shots. However, they feel really great and have more of a natural feeling than the Aheads.

AmnestysLowEnd":3k9kv4l1 said:
You will go back to wood in no time believe me!
no i think im guna stick with ahead they last so much longer it took like 3 days to get used to the grip but yea i ilike thses alot more then the pro-marks i was useing