Joey Jordison snare

phoenix7289

I have heard and read that it sounds just like any other Pearl Export series snare of that size. Just a different look on the sides and more expensive. :p

da_drum_bum

hey budy um yeah id have to say its a prety good snare for the price of it its got a nice sound for a phat snare so yeah keep ockin brother

Rockaflodge

I got the chance to play one when they frist came out. They are loud and have alot of crack but depth at the same time, I loved it but I like my snare to have that crack sound, If you dont like snare to have alot of crack. you probably want like it.

Rockaflodge

phoenix7289 said:
I have heard and read that it sounds just like any other Pearl Export series snare of that size. Just a different look on the sides and more expensive. :p
And by the way, pearl does not make a export snare in a 6.5x13. in fact, pearl does not make a export snare with a steal shell. THe exports eather come with a macthing wood snare or a plan 5.5x14 steal shell snare

I don't own a Joey Snare, but I've used it and man what a piece of equipment, I love it. The guy from Amon Armath or some band like them, uses a Joey Snare.
When a big band is using another bands snare, that's saying something.

Flatliner

well, I've never heard it in person but I've heard the albums and been to a concert and at least from that listening perspective I really don't like the sound of joey's drums, they sound like they never get tuned. Guys like peart, portnoy, bozzio, Lang, minnemann, Steve smith, those guys have tone to their drums.

drummert2k

i played one at a show where i had to use the headlining bands ENTIRE kit. i thought i'd love it because of the smaller diameter and full size depth but it was like any other snare of the same size...... exept for the big stupid S on the side. it really seemed to be more expensive than some other snares only because it was joeys snare.

Eliminator

i was playing at a gig once and the headining band had a joey sig kit, i was using my export ex snare and it has a good high tone and crack off it but still has warmth and projection.
i noticed the joey snare doesnt really have any warmth or projection. its just too tight. you can hear on the 9.0 live album the snare isnt very 'big' sounding.

I recently acquired one of these drums and I have to tell you, there is nothing on this drum that could be compared with a Pearl Export snare. The steel shell is heavy and strong, the strainer simple but functional and the drum is VERY responsive. I love 13" snare drums so that is probably why I like this drum. I am not a metal drummer, but I do use this drum at a medium tension on my give with a rock/country trio. I can also crank it up and use it at my church(funk, RnB, rock type P & W) or on a funk/hip hop gig. Very cool drum.....and I always say that the S on the side of the drum is for my last name! I really like this drum....HIGHLY recommended.

disrupt13

if you tune in a cetain way it sounds awesome, i tuned it and it sounded awesome, but keep in mind, it hasy joeys name, and thats why its so expensive, because alot of new guys liste nto slipknot and they are new to drums and think hes the greatest, your paying for the name buts is pretty cool.

bubnjar-pula

I had a oportunity to try it out in a local store and I can say that it's not that good if you don't own the entire kit which can be combined with that snare...for me it has kinda weir sound

SheebCTE

Flatliner":eeezsg86 said:
well, I've never heard it in person but I've heard the albums and been to a concert and at least from that listening perspective I really don't like the sound of joey's drums, they sound like they never get tuned. Guys like peart, portnoy, bozzio, Lang, minnemann, Steve smith, those guys have tone to their drums.

I agree, i think joey is a good drummer, don't get me wrong, but i think he is overrated and his drums sound mediocre at best

Well.....viva la difference!

I have to say that my JJ sounds awesome. NOTHING like a cheap steel Export drum. Tuned medium it has a nice sound that is suited for rock and even some country. Crank it up a bit and you have that high pitched funk, RnB, Gospel sound. I have no regrets with this drum. I will say that if you crank it TOO high you lose some body. Maybe try some different heads. I will say that a coated Emperor sounds great on mine. Currently I am trying one of those Evans EQ2 heads on the top.....the one without the dot in the center. Jury is still out on that combination. I think I might even put some Puresonic snares on just for hoots and giggles. Not that the standard snares sound bad. And, when I have used this drum on sessions engineers want to know what drum that is and can the borrow it.

To each his own, I suppose.

break the prism

Blakk_Waters_Drummer":hmkjhcoh said:
I don't own a Joey Snare, but I've used it and man what a piece of equipment, I love it. The guy from Amon Armath or some band like them, uses a Joey Snare.
When a big band is using another bands snare, that's saying something.
it's not the drummer from amon amarth... but the band you're talking about is from the same country and in the same genre.

i'm sure joey's snare sounds great. personally though...i don't see the point of buying a snare with another band's logo on it. it seems a bit wierd.