Jewelry!

stump

Just curious to see how many of you guys wear jewelry while playing. I wear 1 ring on each hand and a crucifix. It took time getting used to the ring thing though now I don't even notice. Thoughts?

iatemygoat

i used to wear a ring and it actually cracked from playing with it on. i also wear a crucifix around my neck

drumsforlife

I would think that jewelry would get in the way. Well, at least rings and such. The necklaces and crucifixes not so much. I never really have given it much thought though. I don't wear anything on my hands or around my neck just in general, but if I did, I'd only wear a necklace. That is until I get married. Then I most certainly will have to learn to play with a ring.

osiris90210

yeah i wear a cuff on each wrist and necklaces and shit like that, no rings or anything last time i did that it broke the ring so i dont do it now, but yeah leather cuffs and necklaces for sure, i dont even notice them anymore

Call me Gideon

Eh...I used to wear a necklace, until it broke and I just haven't bought a new one. I wear my earrings and lip ring but when I try to wear rings on my fingers they always pinch me so I just take them off.

Timekeep69

I wear my wedding ring but that's it. I've gone through too many watches from playing the drums so I always take my watch off.

anavrinIV

i only ever wear a watch, and seeing as how i now have a nice citizen i dont wear it while im playing - not that i fear breaking it, but it hampers my playing and feels weird when playing with it on.

OzThrasher

Funny you should ask this. a couple of rehearsals ago I was wearin my motorhead dog tags. I was getting into the song so much, throwing my head around like a madman, that one of them flew up and cracked me on the bridge of the nose.

I didn't feel or notice it at the time until my guitarist pointed out that there was blood dripping down my face. So no more of anything for me, lol

stump

OzThrasher":3346wo8e said:
Funny you should ask this. a couple of rehearsals ago I was wearin my motorhead dog tags. I was getting into the song so much, throwing my head around like a madman, that one of them flew up and cracked me on the bridge of the nose.

I didn't feel or notice it at the time until my guitarist pointed out that there was blood dripping down my face. So no more of anything for me, lol
Seems that wearig metal on the drums can cause injuries!! New drummer take note! LOL.

EOTE_drummer

OzThrasher":3rsi3jkt said:

dude i completely know the feeling! i used 2 always carry a drum key necklace, considering i dont take my drum torque key 2 gigs. during one of the songs i started 2 headbang, and it came up and gave me a black eye! i dont where necklaces anymore....