Jam Blocks

drummer912

Is there any difference in the red jam block and the stealth jam block? the look exactly alike, but one is black.

Alcyon

one is THE COLOUR OF BLOOD
the other is THE COLOUR OF EVIL

but they both sound like a jam block.

drummer912

i've got both, the sound pretty similar, but the stealth block is a little lower pitched and warmer. i hadnt used them too much when i posted, but now that i have used um more i see the difference. it is slight, but still there.

dannydrumperc

drummer912":1qooruc3 said:
i've got both, the sound pretty similar, but the stealth block is a little lower pitched and warmer. i hadnt used them too much when i posted, but now that i have used um more i see the difference. it is slight, but still there.
I asked once LP cust. serv. and they told me they were the same; so any sonic difference should be because of density/weight difference between your 2 blocks. The Killer Klave also has a similar tone - quite disillusioning

I certainly like my red Jam Block. It matches perfect with the (also LP) Sambago Bells. I've been thinking about getting the new purple Jam Block - lowest pitched of them all. It also has a ridged surface for guiro-like effects.

drummer912

dannydrumperc":18q4xfiy said:
drummer912":18q4xfiy said:
I asked once LP cust. serv. and they told me they were the same; so any sonic difference should be because of density/weight difference between your 2 blocks. The Killer Klave also has a similar tone - quite disillusioning

I certainly like my red Jam Block. It matches perfect with the (also LP) Sambago Bells. I've been thinking about getting the new purple Jam Block - lowest pitched of them all. It also has a ridged surface for guiro-like effects.
o alright cool. thanks man.