I've got a question.

aj1224

I've got a 26" bass drum and i cant find a silencer pad big enough for it. Should i try a smaller (24") pad or stuff it full of blankets?

P.S. I live in the UK.

Brother_Bong

I wrap the inside of my shells with egg crate foam, can be done to any size drum. Perfect muting without over muffling.

Rockula!

You have not expressed how much muffling you want
If you are looking for light to moderate muffling, you can put shredded newspaper in the drum
The air movement makes it fly around inside and muffles AFTER the strike instead of during

Brother_Bong

Rockula!":8ixm9686 said:
If you are looking for light to moderate muffling, you can put shredded newspaper in the drum
The air movement makes it fly around inside and muffles AFTER the strike instead of during
Hmmm, interesting.........

stump

Rockula!":3j4vip63 said:
You know...I have actually heard of that. Never tried it but it must help. P.O.Y.

aj1224

I'm looking for the sound to be quiet enough so that i don't annoy my neighbours. The pads for the rest of my kit reduce the sound by about 70-80%.

Atmerrill

aj1224":11gq36eu said:
I'm looking for the sound to be quiet enough so that i don't annoy my neighbours. The pads for the rest of my kit reduce the sound by about 70-80%.
The whole point of a 26" drum is to get a HUGE sound! If this is just about not ruffling the neighbors feathers, why don't you get yourself a cheapie kick for in the house that you can practice with and leave the big boy alone until you play. Other that that, you might try to down feather pillows for inside the drum to put against the head.

Rockula!

Bong":38lx7eyd said:
Rockula!":38lx7eyd said:
I stole that from Tommy Le who pobably stole it from someone else

BillRayDrums

Rockula!":24zxx8dy said:
Bong":24zxx8dy said:
Rockula!":24zxx8dy said:
I stole that from Tommy Le who pobably stole it from someone else
Packing peanuts also work well.

BillRayDrums

mikeellis":1sltp7qo said:
BillRayDrums":1sltp7qo said:
Is that a euphemism for something I probably don't want to know about? :shock:
ROFL

Ummm....those little corn-fetti things in boxes?

I didn't say "Packing fudge covered peanuts"......

mikeellis

BillRayDrums":w448fy42 said:
mikeellis":w448fy42 said:
BillRayDrums":w448fy42 said:
ROFL

Ummm....those little corn-fetti things in boxes?

I didn't say "Packing fudge covered peanuts"......
I'll stick with 'corn-fetti'.............

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

Gabimo

mikeellis":3cehsaz2 said:
BillRayDrums":3cehsaz2 said:
Is michael ellis your name? If it is thats pretty kick ass! Because it's mine too.

aj, dont put a pillow in there because it sounds really bad. try whatever those guys suggested, or a child.