Is this a good deal?

gcso238

I recently got a line on a pearl peter criss 10 piece set with some crap scimitar cymbals for $500. Is this a good deal? that set was made in the 70's appears to be in good shape, but it's a little before my time. Any feedback would be helpful.

michiganice91

gcso238":15bv2nxt said:
I recently got a line on a pearl peter criss 10 piece set with some crap scimitar cymbals for $500. Is this a good deal? that set was made in the 70's appears to be in good shape, but it's a little before my time. Any feedback would be helpful.
I wouldn't take it..for a little more money you can get a nice new kit. And trust me..you really dont want a 10 piece kit..it's a pain in the ass in my opinion

Drumosaurus

Michiganice, I strongly disagree. The only "nice new sets" are another 600-700$ away from the cost of that pearl set. Buy it, get some new heads, and tune it. Every set sounds 10 times better with good tuning and good heads. And the 10 pieces, if you are gigging, just take the shells that you need for that gig.

gcso238

appreciate the feedback, I have a 7 pc tama artstar set and just figured it might be a good supplimental set to have. Didn't know if it was worth it, it is made of fiberglass. I've never played on a fiberglass set before and wasn't sure of the sound quality.

michiganice91":35k5w2d8 said:
Drumosaurus":35k5w2d8 said:
Michiganice, I strongly disagree. The only "nice new sets" are another 600-700$ away from the cost of that pearl set. Buy it, get some new heads, and tune it. Every set sounds 10 times better with good tuning and good heads. And the 10 pieces, if you are gigging, just take the shells that you need for that gig.
I'd rather have
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... c=3SOSWXXA
Hell yeah that set looks kick ass! :mrgreen: